Where do you get your colored dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the baby blue ones, but they're too big. I LOVE the new purple.<

Did you have to go to the Far East to get hold of your baby blue Mews, Bella? I'm after an XL white pair, but Gull and their product retailers seem to ignore emails. Others on Scubaboard have experienced the same response.

drbill:
However, I have one reason based on personal experience why I will not buy another wetsuit that isn't black... the colored fabrics seem to deteriorate far faster than the black fabric.
And many of us have seen your black wetsuit and its deterioration... or is it half life?

David Wilson:
I have the baby blue ones, but they're too big. I LOVE the new purple.<

Did you have to go to the Far East to get hold of your baby blue Mews, Bella? I'm after an XL white pair, but Gull and their product retailers seem to ignore emails. Others on Scubaboard have experienced the same response.

A very nice SBer from Hong Kong bought and sent me a pair.
I also got a very nice Gull Coco mask which I do use and it's very pretty. :D
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fins. Nice, heavy rubber, but too big. I'm too lazy to ebay them though. :)

It's a real shame that classic full-foot rubber fins manufactured in a wide range of colours such as Gull Mews aren't marketed around the world instead of just the Far East. Diveways, another Japanese manufacturer, make colourful close-toed full-foot fins called Mustangs, but sadly don't seem to export at all:

finmustang.jpg

Talking of masks, the modern variety may offer a choice of frame colours, but their silicone skirts remain resolutely either black or translucent. Before the mass changeover to silicone, blue and yellow mask skirts were commonly available as alternatives to black:

1482.jpg 1689.jpg

Although blue and yellow skirted rubber dive masks are still manufactured, they're virtually unobtainable outside the country where they are made:

Greece: Majorca sub
03-001.jpg

Mexico: Escualo Sports
wpb3bdad65.gif

Russia: Sport Industria
pioneer.gif

Russia: Yaroslavrezinotechnika
maska_s.jpg

Ukraine: Kievguma
masky2b.jpg

One of my faavorites, a medium blue Healtways oval. Excellent vision and comfortable. You know, all the masks today, none of them really fit or dive as well as a classic oval.

DSCF0172.jpg

N

For the camo lovers out there...Omer Sub, an Italian free diving equipment manufacturer, makes some funky blue, green, and brown gear. :D
http://www.omersub.com/

How about the brown camo wetsuit, mask, and fins with pink backplate, and wings? :rofl3:

My first mask which I still have was a MaxProII by Kinugawa Pacific Co: it has a bright orange mask skirt and purge valve, the frame is rectangular. Circa early 1970's.

7ACF6E433D37470C8EC489B056B387AA.jpg

and

56585864_o.jpg

and

seahunt.jpg

and

9ea4_12.jpg

All from the late 50s to early 60s. When did black become the "official" dive uniform?

In those days Voit and USD were king of the hill and color was everywhere.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom