Where do you get your colored dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpgAny relation??:D

Early wetsuits certainly weren't uniformly black. In the UK, Dunlop brought out a yellow neoprene version to exploit the colour's high visibility, while Heinke's Dolphin wetsuit of the 1950s,

Heinke02.jpg

came in green for men and white for women.

Early drysuits were not only cheaper than the wetsuits of the period but often more colourful too. White, blue and green were not uncommon alternatives to black. The Skooba Totes brand, introduced in the late 1950s, was manufactured in brown, green, red and yellow, but never in black:

dvr-c1.jpg

No, he is not properly wearing his mask, cannot be related I don't think--lol (sharp eye there Belmont!). All divers know the mask goes on the forehead so that you can show off it's colorfull skirt.

I would settle for blue Jets and a blue mask, what gives with the industry that it is stuck on black? Who could possibly say that yellow and that red Totes drysuit is just not plain out stunning and they too have their mask properly displayed--good going guys.

There is a fellow on ebay that seems capable of making slick skin suits with yellow contrasting piping,very vintage looking, he specializes in womens shortys but can do mens suits and full suits too I am understanding.

N

Front of the book
IMG_03931.JPG

Back of the book
IMG_0395.JPG

_Bella_:
For the camo lovers out there

How about the brown camo wetsuit, mask, and fins with pink backplate, and wings? :rofl3:

I'm pretty sure I saw NetDoc with a camo wing from DSS.:D

You might notice that in most of those pics not only are they wearing colorful gear but notice what they are not wearing--yep--no BC.

OxyCheq I do believe offers orange and also camo. Not really sure I like the camo thing, kinda to much of the bubba factor for me, ever see the video, Red Neck Wedding, complete with camo wedding dress and tux, cake etc, no thanks.

N

You know, I have a box of masks, new Mares X Vision, various others supposed "new and better" and over the years the one I keep coming back to is the classic oval mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom