Where do you put your keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valet key in a magnetic key holder, hidden under car on frame. Plus let your buddies know where you stash it.

I see lots of people put them under the fill cap.

Then if some punk comes and siphons your fuel tank, they just scored a car.
-Bad Idea as I have heard of that happening. :shocked2:

I have a small pocket that is the perfect size for a couple of keys on the inside my wetsuit. My car is waaaaay too old for any sort of fancy chipped key, so it just goes in there along with my house key.

Take truck key off ring. Lock rest in truck under seat and take truck key and slide under bedliner.

In my truck, it has an electronic combo lock on the door.

Witz case lanyarded around my neck. The small one takes a car and resort key - you may have to remove it from the ring - $20 and credit/c-card. Or buy the thicker one. They're like $6.95. I've had mine at least 5 years now and it's stayed dry exceeding 100'. I think that buying the thinner one has helped as there's not as much exposed surface area for the o-ring - it's sort of recessed into the plastic and the lid pressing on it makes the seal.

I've seen them at LDS's nationwide (bought mine in FL) or at LeisurePro.

There's other threads on this topic with many other good suggestions. Here's the most recent one: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/79470-where-your-car-keys.html

Most of the time I put my keys in my hitch safe and lock everything else up inside the truck. Dive buddies know where and combo if needed.

take the key off the key chain & tie it in my speedo string---works OK--leave everything else in the glove box of my truck.....

I have a reserve key for my car (a fiat doblo), without the electronics, attached to a bolt snap which I clip off in the utility pocket of my drysuit. That way I can open the back of the car (as seen in the picture below) with my stuff on and sit down in there to take off my set. I usually dive in a twin 12l, which is pretty heavy for picking up and putting down on the ground.

Incidentally, my colleagues tease me about this car because they all drive fancier ones. They call it the "delivery van" or the die (like in dice) or the the "duplo" which is large lego for small children. But I don't care. This is the ultimate dive-mobile.

car_photo_296280_7.jpg

I'm always amazed and the huge differences between cars on the roads in the US, and the cars on the roads everywhere else! I have never seen the above car before, but I can definitely see the practicality of it (and not just for diving either).

on the old car, i take the valet key. on the newer one, i convinced the local hardware store to cut a key that wouldn't start the car and put the chipped key under the passenger floor mat--the "non-working" key goes with the old car's valet key and gets clipped inside a bc pocket (the one that stays otherwise empty).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom