where is the cheapest place to get the Nomad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're taking a class from an instructor who only recognizes a dual bladder as an appropriate redundant buoyancy device then you're missing out on a lot of options and overlooking some obvious drawbacks of a dual bladder system.

Ahhh! Thank you. I only know what I have read so far. I have not yet talked to to my desired instructor about requirements. I would be wasting his time since I am not currently the master of my schedule.

I'm hoping my SMB qualifies. :)

Ahhh! Thank you. I only know what I have read so far. I have not yet talked to to my desired instructor about requirements. I would be wasting his time since I am not currently the master of my schedule.

I'm hoping my SMB qualifies. :)
I believe your SMB does does count as a backup inflation method. But don't hold me to it. :D

:hmmm:

Plus here in New York and New Jersey its required that you use a dual bladder BCD
This is why we created the term "Jersey wreck diver" here in Florida :popcorn:

Plus here in New York and New Jersey its required that you use a dual bladder BCD which in this case the Nomad is perfect for me
:D:dork2:

Are you able to point people towards where that rule is written? It would be good for those who were not aware of that requirement to know. Everybody can learn on SB.

Are you able to point people towards where that rule is written? It would be good for those who were not aware of that requirement to know. Everybody can learn on SB.
What you talkin bout Willis. That's New Jersey secret stuff for :dork2: divers. Didn't you know that??

Guys, I can maybe understand where the guy is coming from . . . sort of, not completely, just guessing.

Everything you read about sidemount diving has a requirement for redundant buoyancy. They give three choices:

• a dual-bladder wing
  • a drysuit
  • a lift bag (where they tend to spell out > 35 lbs lift)

I am guessing that he, like me, does not have a drysuit and has no plans for one before diving sidemount. That leaves the dual-bladder wing and the lift bag.

It seems he has his heart set on the dual-bladder wing, for whatever reason. :idk:

For netmage and others of you that have jumped to that conclusion, I am not enchanted with the dual-bladder wing at all.

My question was serious Mr(s), ept44

ScubaSeve i will try to find it I don't know where it would be written down my Dive Instructor told me and my friends from my dive shop told me too but ill find it somewhere

Back
Top Bottom