Where is your next dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark, I share your pain I am only able to dive in the NE also. But yes they don't have the 853! When you tie on to the mooring line of the u-boat and can see the U.S. main land in sight really brings into perspective how close the war was to home. It's been a few years since I have dove the wreck, what operators go out there? I have only used Captain Wane on the Canned air. As for my next dive? I have no idea! Right now I have a massive head and chest cold, the temp is a balmy 8F and the wind is blowing about 40MPH, gotta love the NE.

I think Canned air is still going out there. Private boats are my favorite way to get out there, nobody telling me how or how long to dive. Giant Strides Dive Shop Warwick, RI runs trips out there all summer as well as dozens of other wrecks in our waters from the Bay to around Block Island.

And for you tech divers the shop also runs dives to USS Bass in 160-190FSW.

I think Canned air is still going out there. Private boats are my favorite way to get out there, nobody telling me how or how long to dive. Giant Strides Dive Shop Warwick, RI runs trips out there all summer as well as dozens of other wrecks in our waters from the Bay to around Block Island.

And for you tech divers the shop also runs dives to USS Bass in 160-190FSW.

Sort of off topic, sort of not... Anywhere that hires out twinsets and stages in the area? U-853 looks like a cracking dive, and I'm headed to MA for my sister's wedding in 2016, and if I can get some diving in while I'm around, then I will.

Mrs. Stoo and I just got back from Roatan a few weeks ago. Normally, I'd slap my gear back into "winter mode" and find some unfrozen place to dive. But since (a) I am old, (b) I am lazy, (c) I have little desire to look at abandoned shopping carts in 33° water, I think I will leave it packed as is, so I'm ready for my next dive in Belize! In about 5 weeks! :D

In a couple of hours..im waiting for the coffee to brew, but my vehicle is packed. Next weekend 's road trip is 3 day wreck trip on vancouver island... Its a bit chilly but great buddies make it worth it.

My next dive? My local mudhole ... I'm lucky enough to live five minutes from diving, and I go there at least two or three times a week. It's pretty decent muck diving ... here's a couple pics I took from there last week ...

IMG_5968.jpgIMG_6037.jpg

My next dive trip? Next week-end to Vancouver, British Columbia (staying with a friend), San Juan Islands (fairly local but far enough from home to require lodging) in March, and then Fiji in May.

Attachments

• IMG_6025.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 138
Sort of off topic, sort of not... Anywhere that hires out twinsets and stages in the area? U-853 looks like a cracking dive, and I'm headed to MA for my sister's wedding in 2016, and if I can get some diving in while I'm around, then I will.

I would give Red at Giant Stride Dive Shop a call. He's probably your best bet when it comes to the U853, gear and charter wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda lucky. Next week will be off West coast of Dubai on a wreck - the rest of Feb TBD but at least 2 trips in the Mussandam, March have a three day trip again in the Mussandam - we get there twice a month. As for vacations the current choices are Sipadan, Komodo, Raja Ampat or the Red Sea, At least two of them. Just come off a two day trip where I saw my first Whale Shark. They are seen a couple of times a year but I've been diving here for 2 years and not seen one. It's not even the "season" - wasn't expected at all - so really happy. Will post Video later somewhere

If conditions hold then next weekend a tech dive on a local So Florida wreck :). Pretty lucky to have this in our backyard.

San Carlos, Mexico, where I live part-time and have my boat. Just got back from a week of diving there. Can't head down until April, however, because I'm the show chairman for a huge National Mustang car show we're having here in Tucson the end of March. I'll be way too busy dealing with that for the next two months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom