Where should I go diving in Maui? (Kihei and Ka'anapali)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back myself from Maui. I do not want to repeat the great suggestions above. Just confirming for shore diving while in kaanapali: black rock and mala pier (a must day or night). While in kihei must do the Molokini backwall (closer to kihei) and for an interesting dive, the Hammerhead dive with lahaina divers.

water temp around 80 ar all sites. I also dive with a 7 mm at home but used s 3mm shorty here and was very comfy....

Did 16 dives in 7 days with Lahaina Divers last month (5th trip with them in 5 years). If you want the full range of big sites (Molokini backwall, Molokai hammerheads dive, Lanai) they're the best. Big, comfortable boats with cover from sun/rain. Even with 18 divers (divided into 3 groups), I never felt rushed. I wore 5mm suits, but I think they rent shorties and full suits. Guides very knowledgeable about endemic sea life. Be prepared for 45 minute rides each way from the "big" sites. I've also done night dives at Black Rock at the Sheraton; booked through hotel, and all rental gear included in price (saved getting my personal gear dragged through sand). Scuba Shack had a major accident while I was there: one diver died, crew member seriously injured, 3 others stranded at Molokini when owner took book out on day when severe weather predicted from a tropical storm (LD cancelled dives that day).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom