Where to attach a snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is IndigoBlue's name Karl and is he from California?

cnidae:
Is IndigoBlue's name Karl and is he from California?
YES! I've thought they were the same person for quite awhile but after the footlocker comment I'm certain of it!

Spectre:
"I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"

Huh?

IndigoBlue:
Tom dont breathe through your snorkel while you are floating on your back. I presume your PADI instructor taught you that much.

ROTFLMAO here, PADI instructor teaching, he was too busy reaching into my wallet.

True story dove with a PADI instructor one time and he said why do you need that really long hose, you may get it caught on something and strangle yourself, and why carry that spare mask you'll never need that.

43 mins later, he was sucking on my long hose and wearing my spare mask, cause he lost his and silted out the bottom and sucked his tank dry.

Tom R:
43 mins later, he was sucking on my long hose and wearing my spare mask, cause he lost his and silted out the bottom and sucked his tank dry.

While it's nice that you had that stuff, I'm sure that your "buddy" would have been just fine with a standard octo and no mask. As a PADI instructor he should be trained on OOA emergencies using the standard octo, and possibly sans mask as well.
How embarrassing that he ran out of air, though. And what happened to his mask?

Just thought I'd add the one case in which I was really glad to have a snorkel.
It was at the end of a night dive and the weather had turned foul and the back of the boat was pounding up and down well over 1m. The boat had twin diesel engines which the captain couldn't stop for safety reasons and the exhausts were pointed back just under the platform throwing hot spray and fumes every time the stern lifted out of the water.
There was no way we were going to be able to get back on board equipped so we had to hand up our equipment first (with regulators of course) and I spent quite a while with my face in the exhausts while I helped my wife and then timed my exit.
I tried it first without my snorkel and in the end only managed with the snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom