Where to begin chosing a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
My point was that it's pretty much about personal preference and needs since people seem roughly evenly split between shell suits and compressed (or even regular) neoprene suits, so in this case a new diver really can't know unless s/he tries a few different types. Granted that may be impossible to do unless well fitting suits of each type are available for rent but that's just how it is...
Your advise is perfect, it was my intent to amplify it, not correct it.

i like my neoprene suit it is made by bare and one advantage to neoprene in cold water is that if you get a tare in the suit you are not completely screwed it still has some thermal retention properties. and in my opinion my 6mm neoprene suit is wormer than my DUI suit. also i like the fact that he neoprene still stretches this is a plus for me. i have also had a simi crushed neoprene dry suit also made by bare and it is my favorite of all my dry suits. also with all my dry suits i use about he same amount of weight i use the most with the 6mm neoprene suit but only by about 3 lb and it is also the warmest suit that i own.

i think that the over all theme of this thread is not what suit to get as much as it is personal preference and that there is no one suit that is better that the rest. well that is my two cents any ways

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom