Question Where to buy AA lithium batteries for Perdix 2 in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9876

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've looked at Mega, Chedraui, Staples Express, the big scuba supply store just off the Plaza, and a few other places and can't find AA lithium batteries for my Perdix 2. I know I can use alkaline if need be, but does anyone know where I might find AA lithium batteries in Cozumel?

I've looked at Mega, Chedraui, Staples Express, the big scuba supply store just off the Plaza, and a few other places and can't find AA lithium batteries for my Perdix 2. I know I can use alkaline if need be, but does anyone know where I might find AA lithium batteries in Cozumel?
I have not seen them. I had a spare in my dry bag if I had known I would have given you one before I left.
Last long shot would be the Fuji camera store in the Burger King strip plaza on 30th, they show being open till 8PM

Did you try Studio Blue on Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas 121? Just a shot. Scuba supplies.

There's no harm in using alkaline for a short while. The risk with alkaline is leaking when stored. Get some batteries, enjoy your dive trip, then take them out.

Did you try Studio Blue on Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas 121? Just a shot. Scuba supplies.
I have always had great luck with Studio Blue for batteries and other random hardware needs. As long as they aren't weird camera batteries, those are harder to come by.

Bit late to the party , but as mentioned above I would check out the Fuji place in the shopping plaza with Burger King at 30th and Calle 1 (aka Primera ). I kind of think I bought some double A rechargeables there a few years ago. They are also where I usually go for watch- style batteries for dive computers and vaccum/leak detectors

Office Max in Chedraui normally carries them or like Charlie said - the Fuji film place

Edit: LOL - Office Max is in Mega, not Chedraui......

There's no harm in using alkaline for a short while. The risk with alkaline is leaking when stored. Get some batteries, enjoy your dive trip, then take them out.
Alkaline batteries risk leaking after being discharged and sitting for months. There's little risk if you take them out before they're discharged.

Reactions: L13
Alkaline batteries risk leaking after being discharged and sitting for months. There's little risk if you take them out before they're discharged.
Correct. When an alkaline battery discharge pressure builds up inside the battery. When completely dead it has the most pressure inside and over time the seal fails. It is also why you should always use alkaline batteries of the same type and charge. Using a half dead battery with fresh new one leads to over discharge of the half dead battery and even larger internal pressure. Same with using a cheap alkaline and a good brand name alkaline in same device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom