Where to dive in Singapore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naucorid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Singapore for a few days in early April, but can only spend one day diving. Can anyone recommend an operator and the best dive sites?

Thanks!!

No, no one can.

My smartass answer is fairly accurate though. Seriously, if I had only one day to dive in Singapore, I'd dive in the shark tank in Underwater world, if you are into that sort of thing. It is possible to dive the waters around Singapore but viz will be well under 2m and there will be little to see even if it was better. Having said that, over a dozen dives there I have seen a turtle and some squid (20 years ago). If you go with a very experienced guide, you may get to see a sea horse and some nudibranch near the occasional coral head. If you are lucky at the time, you will likely only be able to find a shop that dives there on a weekend. By April, most divers head to Tioman, Aur or Anambas in Malaysia for the whole weekend. A difficult trip might also be made to Bintan but that includes a ferry over to Indonesia, getting to the shop, getting maybe two dives a bit better than Singapore and then getting back to Singapore. I would not think that is worth it either.

The main dive site in Singapore is Pulau Hantu. The diving isn't for everyone, the visibility is very low, but it's really the only viable option for a single day diving. You should take a look at Pulau Hantu for more information on the type of diving you could expect.

Yup, Zippsy is absolutely spot on. You'll see more fish in a fish tank than open water dive in Singapore. Viz is zilch! Follow Zippsy's suggestion and make you way to Malaysia's East Coast... the season just starts by the time you arrive in Singapore.

Thanks, friends. I shall save my money and dive elsewhere when I can. I appreciate your comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom