Where to get a bottom timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instead of spending $179 on a bottom timer, Diver's Supply has Aeris Atmos 1 computers for $165 new. Not the latest/greatest but imho much more functional than a bottom timer. On eBay - auction item 7103036901. They're actually listed at $150 with a $165 buy it now price, so you could possibly save $15 more if you wait till the auction ends.

This watch rocks. I just bought one through campmor.com - $40!!! Go there man, quick! (I use it as a great back up to my dive comp)

sjspeck:
Instead of spending $179 on a bottom timer, Diver's Supply has Aeris Atmos 1 computers for $165 new. Not the latest/greatest but imho much more functional than a bottom timer. On eBay - auction item 7103036901. They're actually listed at $150 with a $165 buy it now price, so you could possibly save $15 more if you wait till the auction ends.

Or you could just buy one from Scubatoys for $174.95 and get the full warranty, as well as great service :

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AerisAtmos1Wrist

I don't like the air computer idea.. I don't want to end up bending the thing and locking myself out of using it because I was using 32% on a 100 foot dive.

As for the Helix... damn that looks pretty cool. Does it actually work well?

Hm.. I'm reading the manual.. does this thing not show your max depth for the dive??

jonnythan:
Hm.. I'm reading the manual.. does this thing not show your max depth for the dive??

Yes. In the dive log mode it will start timing your dive when you hit about 5 feet. At the end of your dive, it stops timing and will show dive (bottom) time as well as your max depth.

Mine has worked well with the only gripe being that you need to reset it for your second dive and you don't have a log to track your dives as with traditional computers. The other issue I have with it is that the band is too short to go over your wrist if you are wearing a 7mm wetsuit. I attach mine to a D-ring.

And jonnythan, if you can get this thing for $40 from campmor, you da' man. That's a great price for the use you'll get out of it. Just be aware that the thing is butt ugly for everday wear. My wife gives me grief when I wear mine in public. But if you don't mind being made fun of by your relatives and close friends, it's a great watch.

Ron

Well I just ordered one. It will do for now, and I have a Sensus Pro that I download to my Palm after every dive.. it does a good job of logging, I never used my computer's log.

I'll probably replace the strap with some bungees and see how it does.

Thanks!

jonnythan:
Well I just ordered one. It will do for now, and I have a Sensus Pro that I download to my Palm after every dive.. it does a good job of logging, I never used my computer's log.

I'll probably replace the strap with some bungees and see how it does.

Thanks!

Cool. Let us know how it works for you. By the way, I don't work for Timex!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom