Where to next? Suggestions please.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, got quite a variety of good suggestions to start the research process. Not a bad one in the bunch, including the Jersey shore! (I lived on LI Sound as a child, and also spent 2 years on Cape Cod in the USCG)

I will check out each of the suggestions and present them to dive buddy. He always leaves the researching up to me! Tho, I can't complain too much, he did all the work to plan the Tahiti trip.

Thanks so far, and if there are any more suggestions, please don't hesitate to chime in!

How about the Big Island of Hawaii? If you didn't mind traveling to Tahiti from Ohio I suspect that Hawaii would not be too far and you don't even have to leave the USA.

If you want to spend a couple of weeks you could also add in Maui or Kauai.

Last edited:
How about the Big Island of Hawaii? If you didn't mind traveling to Tahiti from Ohio I suspect that Hawaii would not be too far and you don't even have to leave the USA.

If you want to spend a couple of weeks you could also add in Maui or Kauai.

She said they'd already been to Kona.

You might want to look into San Andres Island and or Old Providence Island in the Seaflower Biosphere Reserve.
sanandres.com
oldprovidence.com.co
Ciao
Tad

You might want to look into San Andres Island and or Old Providence Island in the Seaflower Biosphere Reserve.
sanandres.com
oldprovidence.com.co
Ciao
Tad

Tad, thanks for the suggestion. But that website really needs help, it's not user friendly at all and really provides little usuable information.

If you enjoyed Tobermory, You should check out the St. Lawerance Seaway? The Brockville, Ontario and Alexandria Bay NY area has some of the best fresh water wreck diving in the world, as well as Kingston, Ont which is about 40 minutes west of Brockville. 1000 Islands Official Information Center - on the 1000 Islands
The wrecks are better than Toby and the water is warmer. Later in the summer the water temps get up to 68F to 72F. The vis can get up to 60-70 ft. On the Canadian side I recommend Capt. Kevin with Seeway Vision Dive Charters Sea N' Sky Scuba / Seeway Vision Dive Charters - Welcome

You can see some of the wrecks here Brockville
Kingston

ONT, I'm intriqued! I'm originally from the Finger Lakes Region. I haven't been to the 1000 Islands since I was 6 years old! The pix of Boldt Castle brought back memories.

My favorite aunt still lives in a small little burg near Geneva....right on the way to St L just off the Thruway. I just might have to make this a driving trip, stop by to see auntie, and then head up to the Islands.

I did show dive buddy the pix of the Vickery, and he's intriqued as well.

Lori ... the Thousand Island region was also going to be my suggestion. We had a blast there last Aug and are considering going back again next summer. So many wrecks, so little time!

Tad, thanks for the suggestion. But that website really needs help, it's not user friendly at all and really provides little usuable information.

Sorry the web pages didn't help. They are just a couple of general infomational sites on each of the islands. I can tell you anything you need to know about ether San Andres or Old Providence Islands and or direct you to some other web pages if your interested.
Ciao
Tad

...sea-sickness 'issues' ? ...does this rule out liveaboards ???

...sea-sickness 'issues' ? ...does this rule out liveaboards ???
It certainly must have made two years in the Coast Guard seem like a long time.

Cocos would be high on my list, but it might be the worst case scenario for the sea-sick prone. Although you've been to Belize, the Turneffe Island Lodge has just discounted its rates significantly, and that can be a bit different from a typical Belize itinerary. A Bali-to-Komodo liveaboard would be great, but if you're against liveaboards, ten days in Bali followed by five in Lembeh would be a cool trip. I'd do a couple of days down south, diving Nusa Penida, then head north to Tulamben and west to Menjangan. Great diving plus the island of Bali is really a special place.

Back
Top Bottom