Where to service Mares regs in Jakarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpmc

Registered
Reaction score
I have some Mares MR12/Proton regs needing service. Where's the right place to have this done in Jakarta?

There is LAUTAN MAS, they have Mares products. I have never used them, and I can't say if they service gear but here is the address:

Jl. Toko Tiga No. 24, Jakarta Barat (Glodok area)
Tel: +62 21 690-1333
Fax: +62 21 690-2479
e-mail: info@lautanmas.com

Thanks. I'll check them out.

avoid getting anything 'fixed' in indonesia, local 'technicians' are only good at breaking stuff or giving it back in worse condition.

go to Singapore to get it fixed if you can...

Dear Naga,
Thank you for your feedback in this matter. However, we shall not jump to conclusion that you were referring to us as a service center. We are and have been a service center for diving equipment and high pressure compressor for 26 years in Indonesia. We have certified technicians ready to serve our customers all around Indonesia.
We look forward to serve your needs regarding equipment servicing and maintanance.

Dear rpmc,
Feel free to ring us up anytime at our number bellow. We are Mares distributor in Indonesia and Singapore. Nonetheless, we are also a certified Mares Service Center.
If you feel to service in Singapore, feel free to contact our office in Singapore. Please e-mail us for details or go to Mares - stand for diving for the contact details.

Lautan Mas
Jln. Toko Tiga No. 24
Jakarta Barat 11230
INDONESIA
info @ lautanmas.com
LautanMas.com » Indonesia's one Stop Fishing, Diving and High Pressure Compressor Shop « Jelas..Kami yang dipilih untuk alat selam, alat pancing dan kompressor untuk pernapasan. Butuh Alat Marine? Tidak masalah..................Alat Pancing

hi all,
i can underline the comment from lautan mas. they are supporting us since 3 years now and we are quite happy with the support and the products they delivered to us (incl 2 bauer mariner compressors)
if there is a good adress in indonesia .. its them.

@naga: sorry, if thats the case what you say, it would we technically not possible running a qualitative dive resort in Indonesia. but there are! eg Blue Bay Divers | Home
thanks anke

re bbd....if they give you good service and you are happy with their work, then nobody can argue with that.

re..lautanmas....nobody referred to you specifically so don't get bent out of shape..

Its just my personal experience (friends included) that certification, maintenence of standards and all round general competence in anything technical throughout Indonesia is virtually nil (several so-called Padi 5 star operations have ruined my kit).

Good luck.

Hi Anke,
Thank you for having our back. :coffee:

Dear Naga,
We are sorry to hear that you have such a bad experience here in Indonesia.
Please understand that many resorts and dive centers here in Indonesia, are referred as the PADI 5 star dive center. Make no mistake that they are good at what they do..which is as a dive center.

Also understand this... it doesnt necessarily mean that they have the proper tools, knowledge and manpower to do the servicing for diving equipments.
It's not a good idea to give your equipment to a dive center to be serviced unless they are officially certified as a repair center. Always go back to the local distributor for the proper servicing.

Altough we have our competitors, it is fair to say that none of them are doing monkey bussiness in servicing diving equipments.

Our final word, if you bring your equipment to the proper place, it is most likely that it will be serviced properly.

It is also our concern that you do jump to conclusion that all Indonesian dive centers are doing poor servicing. :popcorn: . Your bad experience may not represent your statement there. We hope in the future, you can see that we are not that bad after all:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom