where to stay on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to grand cayman in july. Where is a good place 4 or 5 star resort/hotel to stay. Is all-inclusive a good idea?

I've stayed there twice. If you're going to dive, book a dive package through red sail sports. It includes a two-tank dive every day, your room, and a bunch of other stuff and is cheaper then booking the room alone through the Hyatt. So, even if you don't use all of your dives, you're still saving $$$.

Here's a wonderful place, a bit out of the way but if your renting a car you should definitely consider it.
Turtle Nest Inn
Too many good places to eat to consider an all-inclusive

I'd say with that as a criteria, you are probably limited to the Westin or Hyatt.

Much of what Grand Cayman has to offer is an excellent array of condos and rental homes. Look at one of the many rental homes in the Kaibo area of Rum Point.

All-inclusive is not the preferred way to go here.

I spent 2 weeks last May on Grand Cayman.

I stayed at the Marriott and dove with the Red Sails people.

Great Hotel. Great Dive Operator.

Regards

I agree... if you're looking for 4 or 5 star, then the Westin or the Hyatt is where to stay if you want luxury. There are a couple of all inclusives on the island, but definitely not 4-5 star. The Marriott is nice also, but the beach has quite a bit of erosion if you're looking for "beach time". Plus, be prepared to spend on meals... eating out here can be quite expensive. There are tons of beautiful condos here (at a much cheaper rate than 5 star) and, with a kitchen, you can save quite a bit even just eating breakfast and lunch in. But, as Capt Al said, you don't want to miss out on all the great restaurants here for dinner! You might want to check out www.caymanvillas.com for rentals. And check into smaller independent dive operations for your diving... you won't regret it. It's much more fun diving with a small group instead of a herd of 20 or more.

caymancase once bubbled...
It's much more fun diving with a small group instead of a herd of 20 or more.

Amen to that. The Red Sail boats can definitely be cattle cars at times. Their Rum Point boat usually is not.

I've heard good things about Off the Wall Divers - 8 divers max, per boat I believe.

Danny's great at Off the Wall... and don't forget about Neptune's Divers :)

I second the recommendation for Neptune's Divers. I dove with them in April and it was spectacular. Be sure to ask the DM to take some pics and then e-mail them to you. I had them waiting for me when I got back. My family can't stop talking about how cool the pics are (none of them dive)

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom