Where to store a sea sausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a tec forum, yes? Anyone ever consider the potential entanglement hazard from something hanging off your backplate or under your tanks where you can't reach it?

This SMB needs to be stored somewhere out of the way and free from snags. In a pocket (not possible in your case-get a larger pocket), or in an MC pack or similar. Even rolled and bungee'd to your harness (like a backup light) would be better than the above scenario.

That thing looks hideous.

...but who is going to take advice from across the pond anyway=-)

detroit diver once bubbled...
This is a tec forum, yes? Anyone ever consider the potential entanglement hazard from something hanging off your backplate or under your tanks where you can't reach it?

This SMB needs to be stored somewhere out of the way and free from snags. In a pocket (not possible in your case-get a larger pocket), or in an MC pack or similar. Even rolled and bungee'd to your harness (like a backup light) would be better than the above scenario.

This is the most sensible posting yet on the subject.

Your SMB (or any small liftbag) should be stored somewhere out of the way and free from the chance of entanglement. In the right-hand pocket of your drysuit is preferred. Failing that, someplace else secure, accessible and out of sight... Try pushing it between your back and the backplate... but please refrain from having it dangling from your harness, backplate or -- worse yet -- drings on your tanks.

Doppler

P.S. The link supplied in a previous post to a UK site shows exactly what you do NOT want to have!

I roll mine up with a rubber band, with a string attached, and clip this to my bcd strap around my heart area, after launching it I can remain 10 feet deep for a minute to give boaters a chance to see it before I surface zeN||

Seems like it would really get in the way there, and hang down creating a lot of drag.

Seems like there are a couple prime choices

1) folded and stowed in a pocket -- reduced drag, no entanglement

2) bungied to the base of the bc/backplate -- reduced drag, since it is under the tank, very small entaglement hazard

3) folded in a pocket between the BP and back of diver -- ala Halcyon.

I just stick mine on my butt D-ring. Don't know if thats the right term, but anyway. I can eaisly reach it and my buddies can see me easier underwater with a rolled up yellow tube hanging off my rear. If I had a pocket I would put it in that.

divermasterB once bubbled...
That thing looks hideous.

...but who is going to take advice from across the pond anyway=-)

divermasterb and there us on this side of the POND who think that you carry unfair stereotypes .....but its getting harder and harder.

MAL..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom