Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Futo Yokobama beach, Izu, Japan, last September. Made a junkie outta me! :cheeky:

It's almost like being asked when i lost my virginity! But never mind...

Isla Marguerita, Venezuela..... I'll never forget it - I looked up at one point and had a huge shoal of barracuda a couple of meters above me - truly awesome! (Wow - they have cold eyes...... never felt like a potential dinner before!)

Los Arcos in Puerto Vallarta last year.

This year I'm going back with some friends and it looks like my girlfriend's brother will be doing his check out dives in the same place.

I'm excited to be able to actually see what the place looks like instead of just going, "Breath, breath, breath..." etc.

I'm also excited to get a bit further offshore for some "advanced" diving with the Pacific mantas which I only got to see from a distance last year.

morgan lake farmington, nm

certification dive, bout 2ft visibility

Check out dives were done in Morrison Springs in the Florida panhandle. Our group got there early and it was both beautiful and eerie looking. There was a fog suspended over the water and moss laden cypress trees rising from the water along the bank. I'm thinking of the particular snake that loves this environment -water moccasin-and I am so busy looking for snakes that I didn't have time to get nervous about the dives. By the time we got in the water, the sun had burned off the fog and it looked entirely different. Bright, sunny and warm with gin clear water. We did the skills on a platform then burned the rest of our tanks touring the springs and playing with the friendly perch. Just a perfect day and a great intro to Scuba diving.
First OW dives were in the clear, calm waters of Bonaire's protected marine park. Truly a diver's paradise and home of diving freedom as advertised. On one of our last dives, a mated pair of huge french angels took a shine to my husband and followed him around like a couple of puppy dogs. I can't wait to get back!

Shark’s Cove, Honolulu, HI.

Great lava formations. Instructor told me that we were lucky to get to dive there. I guess the conditions on that part of the island are normally more conducive to surfers than divers.

My first post-cert dive was off Kona, HI. Supposed to be a manta dive, but DM forgot to invite ‘em. Got to see sharks, though!

Blue Hole, Santa Rosa, NM.

One word on a record cold weekend in March,,,, Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

While quite a magical experience, exploring under slate ledges and chasing fishies for the first time in very clear water, I had a heck of a time trying to tell whether my ears were killing me from pressure or just the darn cold! No real nostalgia with the place, just the experience of discovering a different world, which I happily find on warmer days with much better insulation against the elements, now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom