Where's all the new guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ben maybe it would have been easier to find all those guys if you gave them your Certified Dive Buddy card while at the Breakwater lol. Oh wait a minute that's not you that's Fred lol.

Actually Chuck's right about some of them getting certified and then don't dive anymore. I talked to some of them before and they swear that they won't dive in Monterey again because it's too cold.

Finding a dive buddy is also a reason why most of the newer diver don't dive anymore. For me it's difficult to find someone to dive during Friday. And diving on Saturday cost a lot of money for me since i have to pay my co worker to work my shift. That's why you won't see me in a boat dive on a weekend since by the time i get down to Monterey i'm already broke lol.

I guess I am lucky and cursed at the same time. My wife dives. My 12 year old dives. So I have dive buddies.

However, it also means that the cost of my gear always triple. "Oh honey, I want to get a dive scooter. I can afford one... oh, I guess I can't afford three. Forget it..." :rofl3:

Nice going Minh, you're making me sad since my house is half empty with nobody to talk to but the worst part is, no buddy to go diving with either. :(

RoyN:
The one that got flooded doesn't need maintenance anymore. :rofl3: But thanks for the site, I'm getting the sealife mini reefmaster because the whole unit itself is an underwater camera and doesn't have a housing plus its rectangle shape with no lense pointing out of it. Fits between my BC and wetsuit just fine!

Anyways, back to the topic, I think we all frighten off the new commers :D

Well, I'm not frightened. I just moved to the Modesto area from Indianapolis, In. In Indy for the weekend and bringing all my gear back with me tomorrow. I have no problem with going to Monterey any weekend. My 7 mil should be enough. I'm accustomed to diving cold water. I dove every weekend last summer and look forward to experiencing salt water again. Feel free to pm me if you need a dive buddy.

reefugee:
I guess I am lucky and cursed at the same time. My wife dives. My 12 year old dives. So I have dive buddies.

However, it also means that the cost of my gear always triple. "Oh honey, I want to get a dive scooter. I can afford one... oh, I guess I can't afford three. Forget it..." :rofl3:

Hey compared to some of these guy's camera rigs? My 3,500 buck scooter is affordable :D

Chuck Tribolet:
Try comparing your scooter to a boat. ;-)

Finally met John Yasaki last month at Capt Aquas.... and we got talking about toys....

Me: Yeah I love my scooter it get's me way out there really fast.....

John Y: Hmmm really? So how long does it take you to get to Ball buster? :D

:11doh: :D

Back
Top Bottom