Where's the best place to spear in the USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louis Rossignol gets a lot of big fish. I can't understand how they stop the fish from getting wrapped around the legs and cross beams. How do you hold a 100# plus fish from doing that? No assistance until you surface? That's a whole 'nother level of diving. DIR? (JUST kidding)

This is a very interesting thread, and it makes me wonder why Florida is fighting drilling off its shores. Florida has the most shoreline of any state in the Confederacy (or Union depending on where you were born) but they are fighting drilling like there's no tomorrow. Have the rigs off LA caused ecological damage to the LA shoreline? I know Florida's white sandy beaches are different, but if rigs have been down in LA waters since 1947 and there's been no damage, what are Florida politicians thinking? I understand they're an eyesore for tourists laying on the beach, so why not put them out about 50 miles where no one can see them?

I know this is an old post. Haunting...who would have thought back in 05?

If it were not for the current situation in the Gulf of Mexico! ... I would have to say the oil rigs and wrecks off the Mississippi and Louisiana coasts. Alabama and Florida don't have as many oil rigs as Mississippi and Louisiana ... you have to go at least 60 miles past the barrier islands in Mississippi; Louisiana you don't have to go as far. I have spearfished on the oil rigs for over 20 years and you can't beat it! Of course it was better years ago on the rigs; now there are more boats going further. All the close in rigs and wrecks are hit too hard. You have to be really careful diving the deeper rigs and have self-discipline about chasing that 50 lb. + Grouper, etc., to the bottom ....

Back
Top Bottom