Which configuration of gear do you dive 99% of the time?

Which do you dive at present 99% of the time:

• Single tank open circuit

Votes: 153 76.1%
  • Double tank open circuit

Votes: 38 18.9%
  • Sidemount open circuit

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • SCR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CCR

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • None of the above.....have gills!

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My equipment configuration is always in a state of change.... chaos might be a better word? :D
Generally a single AL80 or steel 72, BP/W, 5' primary and bungied backup.... "oldish" style Scubapro mask and basic "J" snorkel.....Jetfins.... as many as 3 knives, or as few as one (big one) :D ..... I'll sling an Al30 from time to time, but used as a stage and not a small horse (pony :D).... I have a few different regs I dive with, depending on my mood and the alignment of the stars :D

I have not yet "settled" on one configuration I'm totally happy with, so I'm sure in a couple years it will look a bit different.

Best wishes.

After I took a GUE fundamentals class 2 years ago. I dive with DIR equipment configuration, Most of the time I dive with double tanks, other times I dive with single tank.

I am ready to take my mix gas class, However my job went to Mexico, So I have to wait longer.

About 50-50, doubles vs. single. I dive doubles a lot when I in the water with students (thus I have my own redundancy AND a lot of mass to catch/hold them if needed) and I tend to just dive them. OTOH, a lot of my boat diving is with single 130s because they hold all the gas I need and they aren't as cumbersome as doubles.

Right now I have two sets of LP 72s doubled up with 32% and a set of HP100s with 25/25 -- and two 130s with 32%. Just depends on the dive, how I feel and what I have that's full.

60% singles, 40% dubs.

All the best, James

If you want a sample representative of the general diving population, multiply my answer by 50 to cover all the vacation divers who strap on a single aluminum 80 for all their dives and won't bother to respond.

I think I do about half and half, single open circuit and doubles open circuit. I like a simple shore dive in one of my LP95s, because they're easy to load in the car and to walk in. But I dive doubles for anything approaching 100 feet, and sometimes just for practice or for the sheer physical exercise of carrying them around. This fall, it's going to be a lot with a deco bottle and stage, too, even on shallow dives, because I need the practice. Nothing like doing a max 30 foot dive in more that your body's weight worth of equipment . . .

70% doubles, 30% singles. And, TS and M, I'm taking a sidemount class which will help to diminish the "sheer physical exercise of carrying them around" and give me more options :)

I dive CCR almost always. I rarely do profiles that would be easy to do on OC.

I dive CCR almost always. I rarely do profiles that would be easy to do on OC.

I'm just curious what those profiles are and the reason for them?
Thanks.

Right now (noob diver) I dive singles OC. If this same character is still giving deals on scuba equipment when I get back, I may step up to a doubles setup. It will most likely depend on what my dive buddy goes with, since I don't want to be out-running him and getting nothing out of it.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom