Which Dive Ops will Rinse and Store your Gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1gromit:
Hi all,

I'll be in Coz first week of May.

Looks like there are a lot of great dive ops available. My specific question is:

- Which ones will rinse and store my gear? (many of their web sites don't mention whether they do or don't...)

I'm staying at one of the resorts but don't want to use house dive op. So, I won't have any easy place to rinse/store my stuff. Which mean I'd like my dive op to provide this service.

Your thoughts, suggestions, experiences?

Thanks!

I will second what scubawife said. I just got back from a week in Cozumel and made five two tank dives with Living Underwater. My wife and I had the boat booked for a week and the two other couples that were diving with us were very pleased with the personal service.

One of the couples had never been in saltwater so we geared the whole week to them. Our deepest dive was to 85 feet. But that was okay. We still wound up diving some excellent sites like Santa Rosa, Cedar Wall, Palancar, Columbia but all with shallower profiles.

We didn't have to fool around with humping gear back to our house and rinsing it out and getting it ready for the next day. We were able to spend our time showing our friends the island.

There are several operators that we have dove with that do this:
Living Underwater
Liquid Blue
Aldora

I also know that Blue XT Sea provides this service.

Small groups, personal attention, slow diving, diving your own profile within your ability and advanced dive sites are what make these operations a success.

scubawife:
We've been very fortunate do have done lots of traveling before getting addicted to diving and had many great trips on the cheap as college students and several years after. Now, we work way too much and too hard. So, we've made the choice to not do alot of spending on going out and getting stuff we really don't need so that we can go on at least 4 dive trips every year. I like to stay somewhere comfortable and quiet (not the most expensive places), and eat good food (again, not usually the most expensive) and just really enjoy the diving. $85/day is a great value for what we get. To us it's worth it. Saving $20 and having to haul my bag back and forth everyday, pack along drinks and snacks, towels, etc., just ain't worth it. Not a big deal to do it but heck, if I can valet dive without breaking the bank then sign me up! Afterall, isn't that why it's called vacation and not work?
I like the way you think!! :D
My wife and I are the same.. (almost exactly)

Amen, sister! I love the valet service.

A good compromise for the original poster might be to consider Caribe Blue/Blue Angel. The rinse tank is right next to the lockers and the pier ain't all that far from the rinse tank. And very often a DM or one of the other staff will grab some of my gear and help me get it from Point A to Point B.

scubawife:
$85/day is a great value for what we get. To us it's worth it. Saving $20 and having to haul my bag back and forth everyday, pack along drinks and snacks, towels, etc., just ain't worth it. Not a big deal to do it but heck, if I can valet dive without breaking the bank then sign me up! Afterall, isn't that why it's called vacation and not work?

I may have to look at living underwater, it would be great to have someone clean/store my stuff for me. And a lot easier for my wife, and 94gtstang's girlfriend since the gear ways almost as much as them.. :D

cyclical:
I may have to look at living underwater, it would be great to have someone clean/store my stuff for me. And a lot easier for my wife, and 94gtstang's girlfriend since the gear ways almost as much as them.. :D
well... maybe just Ashley... I think she was going to fall over with that bag of hers. Then her carrying that tank was pretty funny.

Try Aldora www.aldora.com they take care of your gear, wash it and store it for you. they also have the large steel tanks. and they pick up. We were there in February at the aldora villa. which is north of town and picked us up there every day to go diving. Kathy in Texas

94GTStang:
Hmm... I couldn't find anywhere on their site that says they will take care of our gear. Could you shed some light on that for us?

http://www.bottomtimedivers.net/index.html
Check under Diving Reservations near the bottom of the page under "Other Services" you'll find it there.

Aldora does. Wonderful operation. Have used them for 5 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom