Which gear subject has been beaten to death the most?

Which piece of gear has been beaten to death the most?

• Split fins vs Paddle fins

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • BP/W vs Jackets

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Computer vs Tables

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Air 2 vs Octo

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Wetsuit vs Drysuit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aluminum tanks vs Steel tanks

• Backmount vs Sidemount

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Regulator wars

• Snorkel wars

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Ankle weight wars

• MOF vs NMOF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little surprised at the results. I voted tables vs. computer. It seems that whenever this finds it's way into a thread the debate goes on and on.

Definitely BPW, from what I've seen. I didn't even know what one was until I joined this forum, and now I have two sitting in my closet.

WTF?? No Spare Air?

And here I was going to vote New vs Used... I haven't actually seen that many fin wars. I think these days most people recognize that while some fins may work better for certain techniques they do all work.

I ended up voting BP/W vs jacket because that's what I see the most of these days, but even those are fairly tame, in my opinion.

I voted BPW vs jacket style, and there is no question in my mind that it is by far and away the winner over the past twenty years.

That said, and I can't emphasize this strongly enough:

"Just say NO to split fins!"

:)

^^^ Thats why I voted fins. At least the BPW/Jacket debates don't have "you are going to die" in them.

I'm sure it's in at least one of the millions of threads.

Nope. Just checked and the BCD only rose to "death" status IF you include the integrated alternate inflator.

Back
Top Bottom