Which is your favourite muck-dive destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard about Anda on Bohol, thank you nudisusie. Have been in Cabilao last year which is on the south-west-side of Bohol so I had the idea that the diving could be similar. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. We had some fantastic critters while diving around Cabilao but i didn't fall in love the place. Dauin is definitely on my list and also South Komodo. Will be in Alor soon so I can compare those divesites with the ones I already know. They just found the Psychedelic frogfish in Ambon again after a loooong time. Keep my fingers crossed that it will still be there next month for you :thumb:..

While Cabilao is completely west facing Cebu strait, Anda is in the south East of Bohol, facing Camiguin, the diving is very different than Alona or Cabilao, Anda was a huge disppointment last april; I wouldn advise the bother for so little dive interest. also the dive centres are quite mundane, they don't have guides who really know the place, some import them from Dauin, which btw is MUCH better, yet not up to Anilao for instance.

You won't be disappointed with Alor, on a par with Ambon for rhinopias or nudis and much more exciting for bigger stuff (hammerheads) if you don't stick to a muckdive only operation :wink:

There is new diving place at Una Una volcano Sanctum Indonesia Sulawesi... very good, there is macro, and pelagic too, basic place very remote but very good diving :)
the volcano gives off constant nutrition, like Galapagos so it very full of sea creatures. Good news, there is airport open already at Ampana, from Jakarta and any cities in Indonesia. From Ampana to Una Una is only one hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom