Which One?`

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 30 dives on my Sherwood Wisdom and I have no complaints. It is liberal in terms of bottom times but is quite conservative in terms of ascent rates and saftey stops. In my opinion that is very much in keping with current decompression theory. I have encountered no problems with it to date and am quite happy I chose it. Cost was right at $500 with the compass.

The only gripe I have is the download software has been back ordered since December.

As for reliability of Pelagic computers, I or my family have owned four. Of these, one was basically dead on arrival and did not work out of the box but was promptly replaced by the dealer. The other three have never given me any trouble and they saw about a 100 dives per year. My wife and son still use them.

I have a Sherwood Wisdom and it works great! The display is easy to read and it has msny msny features

I'm happy to state that LeisurePro replaced my defective Suunto Cobra with a brand new one within days after receiving my returned defective one. Saving $300. plus dollars became worth ordering it from them with that response to a warranty.

If money is no object or is not a great influence on your decision take a look at the Uwatec Smart Com. I have the smart pro and love it. I have 23 dives with it so far and thing it is an excellent piece of equipment. It seemed intimidating at first but it is far easier to operate than my wife's Mares M1. It is very conservative on desaturation times and no fly times when compared to the Mares. I also like the altitude warning .

Just some food for thought.

In November four divers will have their lawsuit against Uwatec heard in Federal Court in Oakland, Ca. Their claim is that Uwatec hid a defect from the public in one of their computers for over seven years. The model was the Aladin Air X Nitrox. Two Uwatec employees were fired for reporting the problems. I read this in the online article of the San Francisco Chronicle. Uwatec is now owned by Johnson Outdoors, Inc. Will divers forgive and forget Uwatec?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom