Which port should I choose for my E-PL3 housing for using 60mm Macro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the 60mm lens for the first time this weekend, and with the Zen dome. It worked out pretty nicely. Not used to it yet and it was a little surge-ish. Any recommendations on adding a macro filter on the inside of the dome?

Length because of the LED's. based on the advise and P/N from Rich, I bought the port directly from Olympus US and replaced the PT-EP05L port. Cost is about $160. So far so good, the 60mm fits perfectly with the new port.

Hunting on the port glas with 60mm+zen dome is reported in here - people have to increase the minimum focusing distance on the lens to avoid it, that's a pity.

Length because of the LED's. based on the advise and P/N from Rich, I bought the port directly from Olympus US and replaced the PT-EP05L port. Cost is about $160. So far so good, the 60mm fits perfectly with the new port.

I know what port you're talking about, but do you know the model #?

I know what port you're talking about, but do you know the model #?

Please see post #2 in this thread by Rich. To the best on my experience, you can only by it directly from Olympus. When you call, you just need to quote part number VG657900.

Back
Top Bottom