Which regulator do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK17/G250V is on it's way.

The availabilty and price were a factor at the end between similar performance regs.

Thanks for helping a libra make a choice :)
I think that from everything I've read (mostly here on ScubaBoard :) ) that your going to like SP's latest rendition of the G250
... of course this is coming from a biased (and slightly jelous) G250HP owner :wink: :D

the most common brands here in local LDSs are Scubapro, Sherwood, Poseidon, Apeks and Aqualung.

I'm pretty conservative and I was totally happy to dive all the time with my preciousssssss Dacor Enduro/XP Pacer that I had bought in 1994. I'll try to keep it as a spare as long as i'll find parts. We still have some in LDS but it's getting more difficult. If only MARES would come back on their decision and start making some more. Would it be that difficult?

I'll keep you informed of my 1st impression of the MK-17 with G250V :D after my weekly wednesday night dive where I'll try it for the 1st time.

I don't dive much colder than 50 deg.

I use-

Dive Rite 2500
Voit Swimmaster (circa 1973)

Lets see now........
My twinset has Scubapro mk25 1st stages andS600 and R380. I use these down to 60m on trimix, dive all year round in temp down to 4c.
My stage regulators are Scubapro mk2 and R380. The are basic regs that just perform without any issues.
My single set used for instructing uses the same regs. Mk 25/S600/ R380

Whilst I think the regs are great, we are encountering issues obtaining servicing kits here in the UK, which is a shame.

the most common brands here in local LDSs are Scubapro, Sherwood, Poseidon, Apeks and Aqualung.

I'm pretty conservative and I was totally happy to dive all the time with my preciousssssss Dacor Enduro/XP Pacer that I had bought in 1994. I'll try to keep it as a spare as long as i'll find parts. We still have some in LDS but it's getting more difficult. If only MARES would come back on their decision and start making some more. Would it be that difficult?

I'll keep you informed of my 1st impression of the MK-17 with G250V :D after my weekly wednesday night dive where I'll try it for the 1st time.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will be happy with the setup!

Posted via Mobile Device

This is adressed to cold water divers but WWW are also invited to answer.

which regulator do you own and why is it the best?

My old 1994 Dacor is about to be useless due to lack of parts availability and I just wanna see what are the options for a 99% deep and cold water diver like me.

Environmentally sealed Atomic B2 regulator

Another option would be the Atomic M1

What regs I use should be in my profile.
The temps ive used it in?
Surface temp: snowing badly.
Water temp: Where I went down had iced up during my dive..

for my Twins I use - APEKS DS4 with XTX50 and OMS Workhorse for the Deco bottles
for me and my wife duriing recreational dive - APEKS FSR with XTX200

all the record breaking deep dives were done using the APEKS regs... what ever the condition, what ever the temp, they dont fail....

RonFrank:
I dive the Zeagle 50D/ZX. It breaths well, and is designed for cold water (sealed).
Apeks XTX100s.
Agree. Own both and use both for deep and cold. Slightly prefer the Apeks for doubles, based on hose routing. But both breath easy at depth and function well in cold water (for me, down to 40 F).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom