???Which Roatan Resort??? Decisions, decisions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I just got back last week, and We stayed a week before that at Ramones in Belize and we felt that FI was better. it had plenty of a/c the food was pretty good and was a little cheaper CCV. We went over CCV to check it for next trip. And we are pretty sure we will go back to FI. FI had more beach area for getting lost and sun bathing. The boat operation was good. Nelson and Steven were great helping on the boat. We even got 2 extra boat dives in free. The shore diving is the same for both. The rooms are very clean and good size. I neever left the island., but my wife and a couple of others from the boat went into town for shopping . They came back with very little so shoppping must not be good on the island. My wife will buy almost anything. Either place you stay should be great diving. Go and enjoy

40 months old, wasn't it?

We even got 2 extra boat dives in free. The shore diving is the same for both.

Do you mean that they were charging for boat dives?

And you did the shore dive from both CCV & FIBR?

Its sounds like you would enjoy Cocoview Rosebud i wonder where you did go? Still a scubaboarder?

June 23rd, 2005 is the last time Rosebud posted. I think Papa Bear's Videos were shot after that date though, so it's all good.

I don't know if you decided yet where to stay but we have a house on Roatan and so we are quite familiar with the area. The diving on the East side of the island is much better. Less tourist traffic and less damage to the reef. CoCo View and Fantasy Islands are closer to that area. There is one other resort, way off the beaten track but awesome diving. It is Paya Bay. Check it out if you have a chance.

Deciding to go to Roatan was easy, but now we can't decide which resort would be best for us. What are the differences in location? Does the diving at some of the more rustic resorts make up for the lack of creature comforts(ie:AC, TV,Beach, ect.) Just how bad are all of those stairs at Anthony's Key Resort? We would like a place with nice shore diving/snorkeling when we're not on a boat diving, but hanging out on a beach would be nice too. And we can't forget about the food.So far I've looked at AKR, CoCo View, and Fantasy Island Resorts. I know there are lots of Roatan divers out there so please help us decide! Thanks!! :06:

Does the diving at some of the more rustic resorts make up for the lack of creature comforts
NO!

how bad are all of those stairs at Anthony's Key Resort? Pretty darn bad!

a place with nice shore diving/snorkeling . Fantasy Island or CocoView

but hanging out on a beach would be nice too. FANTASY ISLAND HANDS DOWN!

Rosebud: We just returned yesterday from Fantasy Island....from your post I feel sure that you will find what you want there. send me a private message and I will be happy to send you photos of the facility for you to look over.

how bad are all of those stairs at Anthony's Key Resort? Pretty darn bad!

Having just returned from AKR, I disagree with this point. It's the equivalent of a 2-3 flights, ≈3 times a day for meals. No one in our group, which ranged from 33-70 years old, complained about the stairs once. IMO, if someone can't climb a few stairs, they should ask themself if they're really in proper shape to be diving. YMMV.

IMO, if someone can't climb a few stairs, they should ask themself if they're really in proper shape to be diving. YMMV.

The steps-up at AKR issue is merely a broad point of information. It is an advice to handicapped divers or those with physical issues~ maybe even those with kids.

When you look at a resort, step back and take yourself out of the picture. What may be acceptable for you might render it invisible to your perceptions.

There are any number of divers who would find difficulty in those stairs who could out-swim the lot of us.

The problem with the stairs at AKR is not the length or height of the stairs, but the condition if you are there at a time when it rains at all.........there is a reason they now have large warning signs on the stairs..they do become very slick when the least bit damp.

Back
Top Bottom