???Which Roatan Resort??? Decisions, decisions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with the stairs at AKR is not the length or height of the stairs, but the condition if you are there at a time when it rains at all.........there is a reason they now have large warning signs on the stairs..they do become very slick when the least bit damp.

Certainly a fair point - I was simply responding to your statement that 'all of those stairs' are "pretty darn bad", which makes them sound like Mt. Everest.

The steps-up at AKR issue is merely a broad point of information. It is an advice to handicapped divers or those with physical issues~ maybe even those with kids.

When you look at a resort, step back and take yourself out of the picture. What may be acceptable for you might render it invisible to your perceptions.

There are any number of divers who would find difficulty in those stairs who could out-swim the lot of us.

While obviously valid, these issues are not relevant to the question asked by the OP based on the information provided, nor to the quoted response. No, AKR is not an accessible resort - one step is enough to make it such. Having spent 6 weeks in a leg cast, in Boston, on foot, in the winter, I do have a bit of a feel for such issues.

Certainly a fair point - I was simply responding to your statement that 'all of those stairs' are "pretty darn bad", which makes them sound like Mt. Everest.

While obviously valid, these issues are not relevant to the question asked by the OP based on the information provided, nor to the quoted response. No, AKR is not an accessible resort - one step is enough to make it such. Having spent 6 weeks in a leg cast, in Boston, on foot, in the winter, I do have a bit of a feel for such issues.
You people sound like a bunch of old ladies. Man up or shut up.

Rosebud: We just returned yesterday from Fantasy Island....from your post I feel sure that you will find what you want there. send me a private message and I will be happy to send you photos of the facility for you to look over.
Rosebud has moved on. She hasn't logged on to SB in over three years. :coffee:

I do hope she figured out which resort to go to by now, though. :rofl3:

You people sound like a bunch of old ladies. Man up or shut up.
Nice third post! :eyebrow:

Rosebud has moved on. She hasn't logged on to SB in over three years. :coffee:

I do hope she figured out which resort to go to by now, though. :rofl3:

Nice third post! :eyebrow:
John B. The answer to your post is obvious. NO. Why? Because the dive industry is not about the sport but rather the $$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom