Which wetsuit do I bring diving in Caribbeans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a bit tough. I have dove Puerto Rico the past several years between Christmas and New Years and the water is 81-82F. One dive buddy did it in swim trunks while another wore a full. I usuall wear a full but I'm probably going to take a shortie.

Just came back from Cozumel , Didn't take one, Didn't ware one, Didn't need one.

Dove 4 times a day for a week and went on three night dives.

Just dove for 3 weeks in cozumel as well, I would say a 5 mm full would be plenty.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hard to make a good suggestion without knowing your body's tolerance for cold. I'd dive a 3/2mm full wetsuit in the Caribbean if doing 3-4 dives a day.

I love that the op left a week ago and people are still pitching in, and pitching in wetsuits he doesn't own.

Bill, if you had a 5 mm shorty and a 5 mm full.... which would you take?

Also, I think these questions should be answered with common temperatures this time of year, not suit type as tolerances and opinions vary wildly

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom