Which Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like the Brigade model that's exclusive to ScubaToys is hard to beat when you are looking for an all-purpose BC. That's the one my daughter and I went with. With that said, my GF dives an Escape and my brother dives a Ranger and my niece dives a Brigade. They are all happy with their choices and have had zero problems. I think when you buy a Zeagle BC, it's probably hard to get the wrong one.

Thank you all for those useful feedback. He purchased the Stilleto yesterday with Leisurepro. He can't wait to get it and hope tried it before winter comes.

As for me, I am jealous that I did not get a Zeagle. Thinking about Zena!!!!

June:
Thank you all for those useful feedback. He purchased the Stilleto yesterday with Leisurepro. He can't wait to get it and hope tried it before winter comes.

As for me, I am jealous that I did not get a Zeagle. Thinking about Zena!!!!

recommend to return it (no problem with LP within 30 days)
they are not an authorized Zeagle dealer, so you won't get the Zeagle LIFETIME warranty.
LP is not a bad choice at all for items with a "normal" (1...2yr) warranty, as they match the manufacturers warranty on items they are not authorized retailers for.
However, in case of the Zeagle, the lifetime warranty can't really be matched as they won't have access to (all or any) spare parts and certainly can't repair!

There are authorized retailers with similar prices.
One of them is mentioned here a lot. He matches LP prices AND gives a 10% Scubaboard-member discount.

d-s-f

deepseafalcon:
recommend to return it (no problem with LP within 30 days)
they are not an authorized Zeagle dealer, so you won't get the Zeagle LIFETIME warranty.
LP is not a bad choice at all for items with a "normal" (1...2yr) warranty, as they match the manufacturers warranty on items they are not authorized retailers for.
However, in case of the Zeagle, the lifetime warranty can't really be matched as they won't have access to (all or any) spare parts and certainly can't repair!

d-s-f

I do have to agree, return it before using it. If already used it..pray that you never need something repaired.

The purchase has been cancelled and waiting for Scubatoys' reply to my email on the price and shipping requirement.

Once again, thanks guys.

June:
The purchase has been cancelled and waiting for Scubatoys' reply to my email on the price and shipping requirement.

Once again, thanks guys.

June,

Hopefully you will never need to use the warranty, but it is definitely worth having!!!

I am glad to hear that you are going with an authorized dealer instead of LP!!!

Thanks for choosing Zeagle!!!

Scott

June, as long as you're waiting for Larry to get back to you, really think about getting the Zena for yourself. I love my Zena and can't say enough good things about it. :D

My first BC was a Diva and although I believe it's a good BC, I was not happy with it after a year. For me the jacket style is not only bulkier, but also harder to fine tune for buoyancy and trim. In contrast, I barely notice I'm wearing a BC with the Zena while diving, and the wing instantly improved my trim. It literally took me one dive to feel 100% confident that my decision to buy the Zena was the right one, and I will never go back to a jacket style BC.

However, if you like big pockets and places to store stuff while diving, the Zena is not for you. It's quite the minimalist BC with basically the "corset", 4 integrated weight pockets, tank bands, D rings, an inflator hose, and a wing. You can definitely add a pocket if you want, but they aren't integrated into the BC.

Scubatoys has never failed to match LP's price in my experience. Often, they have beaten LP's price. I saved ~$200 on a computer from them a month after the sale ended for instance. ScubaToys absolutely rocks.

Given that ScubaToys has awesome service, is an authorized dealer, and matches LP's price, there's NO reason to order from LP ever, IMO. I have had fair luck with LP, but have gotten substandard/old/knockoff gear before too. You *never* need to worry about that kind of thing with ScubaToys, who once sent me 2 pairs of $200 fins at no charge so my wife could try them on and see what fit her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom