Which Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and call them...not email. They can cut better deals if you call them. And they'll cut you great deals if you buy packages. I sent my folks there for two full setups and they got a deal that's hard to believe. Cheers, and have fun with your new BC! :)

I just ordered a Stiletto for myself from ScubaToys. This will be my first BC. I am glad I talked to Larry on the phone. Not only did he throw in some free stuff, but he also assured me that if it didn't fit for any reason he'd send me a different one right away. I'm looking forward to getting it wet!

Scott, your participation here was a big factor in my decision to go with Zeagle. I visited an LDS first to give them a chance at the sale, but they didn't have any Stilettos and didn't even offer to get one for me...

I'll be getting a BC for my wife soon, too. She's 5'9" so I think a "women's" BC might be a tad small for her. What do you guys think? She'll definitely try out the Stiletto when it arrives, and might just have to get her own in a groovy custom color combination. :)

Bicster,

You should look into the Zeagle Zena for your wife. The Zeagle BC's are completely modular so you can pick your waste size, shoulder size, and change the size on the front panel on the Zena. Long story short, she can most likely get a women's BC that will fit and offer more comfort than her alternatives.

I would suggest calling Larry back when your looking to get your wife's BC and see what he can do for you. He'll give you the best advice and probably give you a good deal since your dealing with Larry and not Shipping department at some werehouse.

Good luck with your BC and Best of luck getting what's right for your wife.

ScottZeagle:
June,

Hopefully you will never need to use the warranty, but it is definitely worth having!!!

I am glad to hear that you are going with an authorized dealer instead of LP!!!

Thanks for choosing Zeagle!!!

Scott
Scott,
How does LP sell your products and they are not an "authorized" dealer? Do they sell some type of clone manufactured in China or elsewhere? How do they get your products? Do they buy them from Dive Shops that go out of business? Apparantly they sell a lot of "unauthorized" equipment from what I have been reading on this site. I would definately buy from Scuba Toys that is authorized and matches price but was just wondering how they get yours and other manufacturers merchandise? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks and I apologize for hijacking this thread.

I second the recommendation for the Zena. My wife just got one and loves it. Joe at Scubatoys helped me get it sized over the phone and pieced together components of a couple different sizes and we got one that worked on the first try.

It's a really cool BC. Fits my wife like a glove and is very adjustable. It has a zipper vest thing on the front instead of a cummerbund and then two webbing straps across the waist...one at male waist and one at female waist level so it can conform to a more curvy shape than standard BCs. She likes it because the fit is so fine tune-able and it has no big cummerbund in front. All the bladder is in the back so it's really uncluttered in the front and allows a lot of freedom of movement.

Good luck in your search :)

CaptainNemo:
Scott,
How does LP sell your products and they are not an "authorized" dealer? Do they sell some type of clone manufactured in China or elsewhere? How do they get your products? Do they buy them from Dive Shops that go out of business? Apparantly they sell a lot of "unauthorized" equipment from what I have been reading on this site. I would definately buy from Scuba Toys that is authorized and matches price but was just wondering how they get yours and other manufacturers merchandise? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks and I apologize for hijacking this thread.

CM.
Good question. I might suggest you do a search for this topic. It has been discussed at great length here on the board. Scott has given this explanation many, many times. Good luck!

jetfixer:
CM.
Good question. I might suggest you do a search for this topic. It has been discussed at great length here on the board. Scott has given this explanation many, many times. Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I did a search but still can't find the specific answer to how a dealer sells equipment he is not authorized to sell. I am sure it is somewhere in the thousands of threads. I searched "authorized dealer" and "zeagle". I was wondering if you could point me to the thread with the specifics. Thanks for your time.

ScubaCrew:
You should look into the Zeagle Zena for your wife. The Zeagle BC's are completely modular so you can pick your waste size, shoulder size, and change the size on the front panel on the Zena. Long story short, she can most likely get a women's BC that will fit and offer more comfort than her alternatives.

Larry sent her both a Zena and a Stiletto and told her to return whichever one she decided she didn't want. The Zena sizing is not quite true to what Zeagle has on their website. Anyway, they have shipped a few different pieces, and I think we are close to having a good fit. Scubatoys is easy to work with, even if the process takes a lot longer than getting fit at an LDS. I could not find a Zena or Stiletto in an LDS anywhere close to me anyway, even though there are a few Zeagle dealers--they just don't seem to carry much.

My wife's BC thread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom