Whites Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmo6s:
I heard about some problems with the feet on the drysuit being uncomfortable when diving... Anyone having this problem?

I haven't had any problems if i put my foot in my rock boot and it doesn't feel OK i just start over.

I have a Whites Polar Flex Suit, all I need under it when I go ice diving is a weasel compact and thats it. Great suit and the workmanship is top notch.

Just watch out for the Nexus II. Sharp-looking suit, to be sure, but the dump valve is WAY forward on your shoulder, forcing a major change in position from trim in order to dump air. What were they thinking?

Good suits, overall (aside from this issue), by most reports.

When I tried the suit on again today, I love everything about the suit except the Evo 3 boots. I'm going to see if they will let me install permananet boots on it and still keep the package deal (i.e. $200 whatever for the boots installation and $150 or so for the dryglove rings), but still keep the $800 discount over MSRP that they gave me at Beneath the Sea...) We shall see!

I went with the permanent attached boots on my Polar Flex suit - much better! Great suit - warm and comfortable on long, cold dives. I was out for 2 dives, each over an hour on Sunday. Bottom temperatures of 37 F. Now that the ice is gone (for the most part), dive season is in full swing! Cheers!

CompuDude:
Just watch out for the Nexus II. Sharp-looking suit, to be sure, but the dump valve is WAY forward on your shoulder, forcing a major change in position from trim in order to dump air. What were they thinking?

Good suits, overall (aside from this issue), by most reports.

When we first introduced the Nexus II, that was some of the first feedback that we recieved. Upon hearing from the general public it was promptly changed! Our current valve positioning is the same as it is with all of our other suits. This is why we value your feedback so much, we were able to remedy this before too many suits were released.

New suits and styles get tested before being released to the general public by several people, but as you all know, not every issue gets caught before being released.

Happy Diving,
Tyler

DiveJedi:
When we first introduced the Nexus II, that was some of the first feedback that we recieved. Upon hearing from the general public it was promptly changed! Our current valve positioning is the same as it is with all of our other suits. This is why we value your feedback so much, we were able to remedy this before too many suits were released.

New suits and styles get tested before being released to the general public by several people, but as you all know, not every issue gets caught before being released.

Happy Diving,
Tyler
Good to know. Just a tip: Change your photos! All the pictures in your ads (including the one I'm looking at to the left of this window as I type this) show the forward-facing valve position.

I purchased the suit from my local dealer today! Can't wait to try it out! Hopefully Canadian customs will be nice and deliver it quickly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom