Whites Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I sent an email to your company from your website regarding having a Drysuit sent in to check and repair a leak i cannot seem to find. they said to contact the local dealer, which i did and was told i would need to send the suit to Whites that they did not do repairs.

It is a neoprene drysuit with neoprene seals. I blew it up with aitr and could not find the leak but the air sloooooooowwwwwwllyyyyy was leaking from somewhere. When I dove the suit I was wet from mid thighs down and mid torso up - only the crotch area was totally dry.

Some of the lak could have been from the seals but i can figure out where the other leak(s) are comming from.

can i send this bvack for testing and repair? Where would I send it? how much is it to have tested?

also if i wanted the seals replaced how much would that be? Could they be replaced with Latex?

we dove in 50 F and i was warm so the suit works, I just want it to be dry

Thanks

Russ

Thanks for the message Russ, It does sound like you will need to send the suit in. If you take it to your dealer they can get you an RA # and either of you can send it back, but there is paperwork that will need to done and attached to the package - your dealer should know more about that.

Your cost for the repairs will depend on your dealer and what exactly we find to be the issue. You could certainly replace the seals with latex.

Thanks Tyler

Russ,
We can do whatever you need done to your suit.
Just get it to a dealer and they can arrange to have the suit shipped to our facility for testing and repair.
Brooke Cooper
Whites Service Manager

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom