Who dives with 2 computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with 3 computers. The one on my wrist, the one on my buddies and the one between my ears. I really don't see the need to go beyond triple redundancy for NDL diving.

Then in reality, rather than in your pipe dream, you are diving with 1 computer, since you can easily get separated from your buddy (it happens all the time, especially in the case of diving fatalities), and you can easily get narked unless you are certified for and using trimix.

Granted the one in your head alone would work fine, for relatively shallow diving (not over 75 fsw), and fairly clear water.

I use a ProPlus2 as my main and this as a backup

JV0030-01E.jpg

Then in reality, rather than in your pipe dream, you are diving with 1 computer, since you can easily get separated from your buddy (it happens all the time, especially in the case of diving fatalities), and you can easily get narked unless you are certified for and using trimix.

Granted the one in your head alone would work fine, for relatively shallow diving (not over 75 fsw), and fairly clear water.

I am a newbie diver... I bought the Cobra 2 because I plan to do nitrox diving and for the fact it does it all for my skill level. Intregrated so i have tank pressure, depth, time profiles and it is so user friendly I hardly had to read the manual. I also dive with a second computer, a suunto gekko. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles as most but it does have nitrox mixtures, basically what it doesnt do that the cobra does is tell me air pressure and dive profiles. I believe in back ups so I have two dive computers and I use them both when diving. I always use the most conservative one. Basically i like the fact i can look at my wristmount Gekko while acsending and desending without having to use my left to lift and look with the AI computer. The price for the Gekoo made it that much easier. If your going to trust your life with equipment, back ups are always the better Idea i think. Then again i am just a newbie !

Keep On Divin!!!

I'm not going to get a backup computer until my full cave class, at which time there's a good chance I'll need a bottom timer instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom