Who has the best PIZZA on the island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all those saying "Who goes to Mexico to eat Pizza"..........

WHO GOES TO MEXICO TO EAT MEXICAN FOOD????

Being from Oklahoma/Texas area, I VASTLY prefer our Tex Mex to anything I can get in Mexico other than seafood dishes lol. I will put my local place up against anything Cozumel has for Mexican lol.

I would rather experience all the different and exciting places that I DON'T have here locally...... :)

WHO GOES TO CHINA TO EAT CHINESE FOOD?

WHO GOES TO ITALY GO EAT ITALIAN FOOD?

WHO GOES TO ICELAND TO EAT ICELANDIC FOOD?

Here, in America, we have better Mexican, Chinese, Italian and Icelandic food than those countries have.

Because we are American and so we know more about the national cooking in foreign countries than they know about their own food. It has NOTHING to do with how our tastes adjust based on what we are presented with and how "foreign" food adapts to accommodate the local tastes when it is imported into a country. No, it can't be that.

Unfortunately this logic means we must admit that the Germans now have better Kansas City barbecue than we do, because, well, they know more about American cooking than we do here.

In America.

WHO GOES TO CHINA TO EAT CHINESE FOOD?

WHO GOES TO ITALY GO EAT ITALIAN FOOD?

WHO GOES TO ICELAND TO EAT ICELANDIC FOOD?

Here, in America, we have better Mexican, Chinese, Italian and Icelandic food than those countries have.

Because we are American and so we know more about the national cooking in foreign countries than they know about their own food. It has NOTHING to do with how our tastes adjust based on what we are presented with and how "foreign" food adapts to accommodate the local tastes when it is imported into a country. No, it can't be that.

Unfortunately this logic means we must admit that the Germans now have better Kansas City barbecue than we do, because, well, they know more about American cooking than we do here.

In America.
I can't speak to Iceland or China, but you're dead wrong about better Italian food here then in Italy. I say that after experiencing the best of Italian food in L.A., NY, and Chicago, versus even mediocre Italian food in Italy.

On the other hand, if we're talking Mexican food, I do believe there's credible stuff to be had here given the millions of ex-pat Mexicans that call the U.S. home.

you're dead wrong about better Italian food here then in Italy.

Read the post again, and pay attention this time, especially to the penultimate paragraph.

It's satire.

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2013 at 01:35 PM ----------

Tuna was speaking of Chilangos on 30th - yellow inside with all the mopeds and taxis out front!

Ah, Taqueria Chilangos as opposed to Cocina Economica Los Chilangos. Both are worth visiting.

Read the post again, and pay attention this time, especially to the penultimate paragraph.

It's satire.
Poorly done then. The last place I'd go for Chinese food is China, where they eat dogs and melamine and such. Vancouver is much better. I have no clue about Icelandic food, but I do know there's very good Mexican food in the U.S. cooked by very authentic Mexicans. So how is it satire when it's partially right and partially wrong?

Poorly done then. The last place I'd go for Chinese food is China, where they eat dogs and melamine and such. Vancouver is much better. I have no clue about Icelandic food, but I do know there's very good Mexican food in the U.S. cooked by very authentic Mexicans. So how is it satire when it's partially right and partially wrong?

It was satire. It wasn't poorly done just because you didn't get it.

Is "They eat dogs" satire? In America people eat COW LIPS, HORSE HOOVES and PIG SPHINCTERS. Does that make the American food I can buy in London, where they don't serve pig sphincter in the American restaurants, better than American food in America?

I've been to China. Also Vancouver. many times.

The Chinese food is better in China than in Canada.

Which shouldn't surprise anyone.

It was satire. It wasn't poorly done just because you didn't get it.

Is "They eat dogs" satire? In America people eat COW LIPS, HORSE HOOVES and PIG SPHINCTERS. Does that make the American food I can buy in London, where they don't serve pig sphincter in the American restaurants, better than American food in America?

I've been to China. Also Vancouver. many times.

The Chinese food is better in China than in Canada.

Which shouldn't surprise anyone.
All the best Hong Kong chefs packed up and left, moved to Vancouver. Of course the Chinese food is better there now.

What's funny is hearing someone complain that they're so funny other people just don't get the joke.

All the best Hong Kong chefs packed up and left, moved to Vancouver. Of course the Chinese food is better there now.

No, that's not Chinese food. That's Hong Kong, which is a very small slice of China. Tiny, actually.

I love the XLB in Vancouver. I love the Dim Sum.

But what about the Shanghai cooking? What about the Hakka? The Szechuan?

There are over 1B people who eat Chinese food every day that isn't Hong Kong cuisine.

How many Chinese restaurants have you been to in mainland China?

This is like saying because you can get good pizza in NYC at Lombardis the Italian food is better there.

The Chinese food is better in China than in Canada..

No, that's not Chinese food. That's Hong Kong, which is a very small slice of China. Tiny, actually.

There are over 1B people who eat Chinese food every day that isn't Hong Kong cuisine.

So you are saying there are many kinds of Chinese food in China that are ALL better than the Chinese food in Vancouver?

Are you saying Hong Kong isn't Chinese food because it is only a small part of Chinese food? That blows my mind a little.

And if there are so many kinds of Chinese food in China, then surely the Chinese food in China is better than the Chinese food in China? Or am I confused? Maybe if Hong Kong Chinese food is better than most other Chinese food, then couldn't Vancover Chinese food be better than at least some Chinese food in China? Surely there is a crappy restaurant there somewhere. Its a big place I hear.

And if that's true, surely the Chinese food at Chi on Cozumel must be as good as some Chinese food somewhere in China?

For full disclosure, I have never been to China. I did play that text game on the computer with the Shanghai trading thing. Anyone remember that?

I also have never been to Vancouver, though my mother bought a dog there years ago.

Oh and I also never ate at Chi, though I did eat at Danube when it was above Chi.

Oh Chief. That explains it all in a six degrees kind of way. BTW, I have had a meal at Chi , we have met here on Scubaboard AND I have met Kevin Bacon !!! ....I wonder if Kevin Bacon likes Pizza ?

Oh Chief. That explains it all in a six degrees kind of way. BTW, I have had a meal at Chi , we have met here on Scubaboard AND I have met Kevin Bacon !!! ....I wonder if Kevin Bacon likes Pizza ?

And if he wrote a book about it, would it be Kevin Bacon on Pizza?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom