Who in Texas is diving a dry suit.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
.........so they can stay diving all year???? :wink:

I am!

(BARE-- Neo material,....who needs a gym when you have one of these 'tough mans' type suits). :D

Gut it up, Alan, I used to dive in Maine in a 7 mil. Texas never gets that cold....

I'm trying, ordered a Pinnacle from scuba toys and waiting for it to come in. I couldn't take the 6 month hiatus.

Bare dry suit - 45 minutes in CSSP last year in middle of winter - 48 degree water temp (Plus or minus - I don't trust the computer's temps).

Not too bad at all.

Dry suits make winter diving a piece of cake. Your lips freeze and fingers get numb, but hey - it's diving!!!

I gave in to temptation and purchased a DUI after the Austin DOG Days. Looking forward to diving during the winter for the first time. Until I met all you swampers I didn't understand your obsession with diving the lakes. You have converted this blue water diver. Well, maybe not entirely, I am going to Bonaire next week to get in some warm water blue dives. Any "dont' miss" dive site recommendations?

I have one, but don't really use it for TX diving....actually just got a new one, so I'll be at CSSP in a few weeks to give it a test drive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom