• Yes, I am.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • No, I am not.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • No, but I can't wait to try!

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"If you make it to Cozumel....you have to take the shuttle over to the cenotes around Playa de Carmen.....really increadible dive!"

Agree that those are good dives.

"They are fresh water caves and caverns.....and it's a great place to do you first cave dive.."

Probably not. Have to say that your first true Cave dive should be 1) with an instructor and 2) in an undecorated and more forgiving cave (read train in FL). Now for 'Cavern Tours' which was probably what you meant, it would be hard to touch that area.

"also...around central Florida you can dive with Hal Watts at his place....he is a vast resource of knowledge...and loaded with stories....i thinks he's been diving since the garden hose was invented....."

Seeing that you are from Houston, I would take a quick guess that I know which shop you frequent that is pushing Mr Watts. Personally I feel and you will learn with enough 'tech' experience that 'Hal Watts- Mr. Deep Air' is like a bad comic strip among the true to life tech crowd. Hopefully you don't buy into all the deep air and 'its important to know your narcotic limits' sales pitches. That being said I certainly couldn't/wouldn't do a 400+ ft air dive like Hal so maybe my opinion doesn't really count for much. He can certainly do what he wishes, as can you but make sure that you do not end up closing some doors by buying into the deep air theme (ie many boats, groups now require trimix and EAD <130). There really is no need for deep air anymore.

"see ya deep"

Hopefully on Mix..and definately not at 40 fathom

The Poor Knights Islands are riddled with caves and chimneys and I did some great cave dives in Tonga...."Swallows cave, Shark Tooth, Hunga Magic. Only done 1 fresh water and that was at the outflow of a cave that you can walk through.
Love it !!!!
Gasman

maddiver once bubbled...
Probably not. Have to say that your first true Cave dive should be 1) with an instructor and 2) in an undecorated and more forgiving cave (read train in FL). Now for 'Cavern Tours' which was probably what you meant, it would be hard to touch that area.

Agreed, I just got backfrom there. I would aks anyone who is considering diving the caves in Mexico to please make sure their bouyancy is perfect and that the have experience in small tight stuff. WHile the cave may not be tight and small, you have to treat it like it is to avoid damaging what can never be fixed.

just wanted to try adding a picture to see if it would work

From an article on ESPN yesterday:

"[Tiger] Woods is coming off a three-week break in which he got a master's certification for diving and spent some time in underwater caves."

Like the commercial says - I am Tiger Woods.

If you go down to Luraville, in Bill Rennakers shop, you can see a pictures of Tiger Woods buying all of his cave gear there.

Hmmm this could be a problem...I have vision of me and Thumper in a nice little cave in Lauraville and we see a golf ball roll by along the limestone and here comes a diver scribbling maddly on his slate "Can I play through??" and Thumper and I having to squeeze against the wall so the diver can swing his 7 iron...he swings and then the next thing we know the ball is in a silt trap....and conditions rapily degrade. He and his buddy( caddy) keep on swimming through and there goes Tiger Woods playing the Suwanee River Golf Club...The only question I have for tiger is this...Scooter or Cart??:stooges:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom