Who said scuba was not competitive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually it is easy. A finned swimming course usually is 20 lessons, which is enough for mastering completely the technique.
:) . 20 lessons? In this day and age where you can get OW certification in a weekend and "mastery" apparently means demonstrating something once under ideal conditions?

You will be wellcome here.
A lot of international teams come to Parma each year for the Parma Cup, and many come here for the food, too.
You will enjoy much more than Parmigiano cheese. Parma's ham, salame di Felino, Culatello, tortelli (a variant of ravioli), Rosa di Parma, torta fritta, Vecchia, horse's raw meat (Parma's pesto), etc. etc.
And some nice red sparkling wine (Marcello, Otello) and beer (Birrificio del Ducato).
Why must you make the rest of us jealous? I was enjoying my ham & cheese sandwich just fine until I read this post!

I do have 3 friends from my club who will be in Italy this summer, so I sent them that facebook link you posted and hopefully they can join in some practices with your team.

Why must you make the rest of us jealous? I was enjoying my ham & cheese sandwich just fine until I read this post!

I do have 3 friends from my club who will be in Italy this summer, so I sent them that facebook link you posted and hopefully they can join in some practices with your team.
Good... Here some photos of some typical Parma's food specialities:
Tortelli.jpg

Tortelli (pumpkin)

tortellata_san_giovanni.jpg

Tortelli di Erbetta

5805.jpg

Parmigiano-Reggiano

PROSCIUTTO-CRUDO-DI-PARMA-disossato-scaled.jpg

Prosciutto di Parma and Lambrusco

salame-felino-800-gr.jpg

Salame di Felino

a8b8d34568ffbe642ec32611128e9222.jpg

Culatello di Zibello

1485335472520.jpg

Rosa di Parma

torta-fritta-emilia-romagna.jpg

Torta fritta (typical with ham, salame, etc.)

IMG_20201230_121951-600x338.jpg

Vecchia (horse meat with red and yellow pepper)

100_1133.jpg

Caval Pist (raw horse meat)

LAMBRUSCOIGTMARCELLOGCRU-8032649191513-1.webp

Lambrusco Marcello wine

la-ricerca-viaemilia.jpg

Typical local beers (Birreria del Ducato)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom