Who to dive with in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetec

Not much shade on Danny's boat(Off the Wall). Unless he's got a new one recently. Something the OP was looking for. Foster's has the canopies on the flat boats. So does Red Sail. Likely to be more divers on their trips though.

I really enjoyed Greg and Karen from Seasports. The groups were small and they leave a bit later so they can hit the spots that are not crowded. We did a great wall dive and then they gave us a choice on the second dive of a reef or wreck.

They are the owners of the operation and also the crew and divemaster. I will certainly dive with them again.

...is who we used in December. Very good experience. Only did a Stingray City dive, but the staff was friendly and professional. We were on a cruise ship and wanted to make our own arrangements and didn't want to use the cruiseline operator/cattle boat. Divers Down came well recommended by ScubaEdu.com in D.C., which runs monthly cert trips to Grand Cayman.

If you are checking your e-mail while you are there, try off the wall divers on 7mb....We dove with several operations while we were there, and, they were the best!

<< We dove with several operations while we were there, and, they were the best! >>

I'm curious - what made them "the best"?

FWIW, I believe ALL the dive ops here are more or less equally good simply because it is such a competitive field. If you are NOT polite, friendly, prompt, efficient, safety-conscious, service-oriented, blah, blah, blah, you last about 4 months in the business.

Sorry about that. It was written quickly as I saw the person is actually there right now. I should have been more specific.
We enjoyed them the most out of all the operations we dove. we prefer diving with the small groups that they provide. Most of the days we had the boat to ourselves or only 1-2 additional divers. this also allowed them to honor any special requests that we may have had. they are also a great bunch of guys to dive with.
That being said, we also dove with Ocean frontiers and Divetech. They were both great. We were especially impressed with ocean frontiers as they really worked to find us the best dive spots. They were not afraid to burn a little extra fuel to do so. In fact, when we go back we will probably do most if not all of our diving on the east end as that was the most pristine reefs we saw there.
Hope this clears that up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom