Who wants to Discuss Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Don, doing great I suppose, what a life..pop onto his web site and say hi....how long since you've spoken with him?

I haven't seen him since Cerulean last year...I work with Easy Divers Memphis and he and Saralynn are long time buds...he's a nice guy...I first met him at Martha's

My wife and I went to Bonaire for our honeymoon in November 2005. We had a super relaxing time and loved the island. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we went back in May 2006 with my father-in-law, parents, and step brother.

The second trip was not quite as relaxing, but we were able to do 27 dives in six days and had a wonderful time.

I have also been to Roatan, the Keys, Grand Cayman, and Cayman Brac. On every trip I find myself comparing the destination to Bonaire and in my opinion they all come up short. The shore diving can be hard for some people to negotiate and it takes a bit more effort that boat diving, but I loved being able to dive when I wanted, where I wanted, and as often as I wanted.

I can't wait to get back. Reading these threads really gets me fired up for a trip!!

I know!! PBD has kicked in strong for me...I spend my days and nights on Bonaire Talk..Great fun!! The web cams help smooth the blues and the Community Chat is a blast...Can't wait till October!

Morning Kristi!
Good to see you on this thread, too. I love going to Bonaire. The diving, the donkeys, and the wonder friends made on the island and on line. Unfortunatly we won't be going to Bonaire this year, but are hoping to get back there next year.

Linda
LRAZ

Morning Kristi!
Good to see you on this thread, too. I love going to Bonaire. The diving, the donkeys, and the wonder friends made on the island and on line. Unfortunatly we won't be going to Bonaire this year, but are hoping to get back there next year.

Linda
LRAZ

Goodmorning Linda!!

Not! Okay, any advice on how to do that?
Thanks!
L

OK, my favorite dive site was Karpata....Witches Hut was right up there with it though!
I, by no means, am nearly qualified to have a strong opinion on that though, only been to the island once....would love to hear some of everybody else's favorites and why.....

I think that my favorite dive sites would have to be:

Karpata for the cool topography
Oil Slick for the entry and the elkhorn coral
Invisibles for the double reef and sandy/rubble areas near the bouy

Actually, sitting in Albuquerqe right now, they all sound great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom