Who's going in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6-1 arriving 8/12 staying at Casa Mexicana through the 19th. Diving with Tres Pelicanos Sat-Wed. Would love to meet any Scubaboarders, diving or dining.

We will be there 8/4-8/10. Staying at an AirBnB and diving with bottom time divers. I'm a bit worried about the hurricanes that could be brewing

We will be there 8/4-8/10. Staying at an AirBnB and diving with bottom time divers. I'm a bit worried about the hurricanes that could be brewing
Most of the tracks I saw this afternoon show 97L going to the south down by Belize but at least one track showed it coming across Cozumel. Last I checked it still had not been named but Storm Caribe expects it to be named late this evening. My understanding of trip insurance is that it must be purchased prior to a storm beong named.

My understanding of trip insurance is that it must be purchased prior to a storm beong named.
That varies with the policies, certainly not universal. But if one did not have trip insurance, yet suddenly wanted it for this - now would be the time to shop. I always get it for international trips. I don't remember exactly how it states requirements so I am not going to offer suggestions. I get it mostly for the medical coverage and evacuation, but like the other benefits if offers.

I never could get my daughter to purchase it for their cruises (ugh, I was invited each time, but passed), but did talk her into it for China at least - even tho she skimped on the minimum plan. I just helped her fill out claim forms to cover some of their unexpected expenses when my granddaughter lost her passport & visa. I bet she gets the better plan next time. :crafty:

Thanks! We have never bought trip insurance and we would still go down despite it being a depression or whatever it turns out being.

I saw a few of those tracks but it's just too early to say what it'll do. I do hope it'll be going south, but I'm sure with the luck we've had this year, it'll be raining on us!

Thanks! We have never bought trip insurance and we would still go down despite it being a depression or whatever it turns out being.

I saw a few of those tracks but it's just too early to say what it'll do. I do hope it'll be going south, but I'm sure with the luck we've had this year, it'll be raining on us!
IT'S AUGUST....!!
animated-smileys-bananas-011.gif

Most of the computer models are looking south towards Belize, except for one that favors Venezuela, in case it organizes now that it's in the bathtub. I think the NHC was giving it a 70% chance. It's worth watching. In the unlikely even that it turns to a hurricane and aims for Coz, airlines, hotels, and dive ops will probably offer free changes. I ignored a Cat-4 headed for Coz once, thinking it would veer off (like I know more than the experts?), arrived Coz, chicken out and left 2 days later. I wish I'd played that better and stayed home for another day.

Weatherunderground is forecasting some rain each day in Coz this week. I've carried mylar blankets in car trunks and backpacks for years, and they have come in handy - once for a drunk who knocked himself out in a parking lot, once for a whiny granddaughter at a sunrise balloon fest, and once on a dive boat - and they keep getting cheaper. I see some on ebay for less than a buck including shipping, altho if you need one this week you need to go to your favorite store locally.

IT'S AUGUST....!!
animated-smileys-bananas-011.gif

Most of the computer models are looking south towards Belize, except for one that favors Venezuela, in case it organizes now that it's in the bathtub. I think the NHC was giving it a 70% chance. It's worth watching. In the unlikely even that it turns to a hurricane and aims for Coz, airlines, hotels, and dive ops will probably offer free changes. I ignored a Cat-4 headed for Coz once, thinking it would veer off (like I know more than the experts?), arrived Coz, chicken out and left 2 days later. I wish I'd played that better and stayed home for another day.

Weatherunderground is forecasting some rain each day in Coz this week. I've carried mylar blankets in car trunks and backpacks for years, and they have come in handy - once for a drunk who knocked himself out in a parking lot, once for a whiny granddaughter at a sunrise balloon fest, and once on a dive boat - and they keep getting cheaper. I see some on ebay for less than a buck including shipping, altho if you need one this week you need to go to your favorite store locally.

Well I hope they are right in that it goes south! This is our 8th trip to the island and we've never encountered a storm like this. I would be fine riding it out since it would probably be gone by the time the weekend is over. I'm slightly worried our whale shark trip would be canceled Saturday.

I'll keep the blankets in mind! Thanks!

DD should be able to elucidate, but I think be Saturday it should be in the Gulf a ways? If I count the tick marks on the map right....

DD should be able to elucidate, but I think be Saturday it should be in the Gulf a ways? If I count the tick marks on the map right....
Thanks and I hope you are right! It may delay diving which I guess we will replace with copious amounts of alcohol. Least we have a sweet apartment to hang out in.

Back
Top Bottom