Who's going South?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaQ once bubbled...
I have heard that Blackbeards is great, but I have never done it. How much is it running you?

Its US$680 or something like that.. So about CAD$1000..
I still have to get to Miami.. Checking into flight now.. Best one I've seen so far was CAD$430 from Buffalo. SO about C$1500 for the week. I can't wait.
I might look into a trip to Vancouver Island for the end of next year. That should be cheaper.. And its a different kind of diving.. cold saltwater.. (not so) pretty fish and wrecks.. They have it all on the west coast.

They tell you ahead of time to bring collaspible luggage and not a lot of stuff.....but what they didn't tell me is that (besides your dive gear) you're sleeping with whatever you bring....now I don't say this to scare you off, but so that you don't overpack. We had a wonderful time, great diving, great crew...really a wonderful time.

Peace,
Cathie

sparky30 once bubbled...
I'm going on a Blackbeards cruise in February with a group from my LDS. Really looking forward to it. It will be my second time in salt water (1st time was in Nanaimo). Has anybody else done the Blackbeard thing? Can you share some info?
I can't wait to go :) Woohoo...

Cozumel January 25- February 1:eek:ut:

Sound very affordable, Cozumel can cost 1900.00 for a week and that is with 4 days of diving built into it. BB's, while confinded to a boat, sound better and cheaper. Hell what are you going to do besides dive, and I'm serious. The last time my wife and I went to Coz, we go married there, the only real thing we did down was dive, dive, dive. It's great having a wife that loves diving as much as I do. Buying her a present is easy, and I get to use them sometimes, camera's, wreck reals,....

ScubaQ,

How goes the boat? Ready to sink it as an artificial reef yet? :bonk: Seems like theres lots of interest in getting out there and doing the Sligo...myself included.

I'm actually going down to Florida in about a week 1/2 todo my cavern/cave intro. Unfortuntely I'm driving down and have to drive right back (got family coming in for Christmas), so I won't get a chance to play all that much. What are your plans for the winter?

I know you already know this, but, just drop me an email if you need any assistance/morale support getting your boat seaworthy. I'm looking forward to seeing this thing! :)

Billy Boy,

Imagine running into you in place like this.

No the ScubaQ is not ready to be sunk as an artifical reef yet,... I haven't spent nearly enough money on it yet:bonk:

I am hoping to get some work done on her before the end of December. In January I am planning to finish the deck and Cabin. Care to freeze your ballz off:eek:

It's just hard as hell to find the time I need to do the work, but come hell or high water she'll be in the water for the spring.

As for my/our plans for winter, can't say. It's a secret, very hush hush, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you right afterwards.:rolleyes:

Are you planning on coming out for the New Years Day dive? We will be having the soup get together afterwards at our place as ussual. hhmmmm soup.......

ScubaQ

I'm off to the Keys for March break............really wish I could do a liveaboard, or some exotic location, but I have to buy a new bathroom for the house in the spring instead........

SS

im going down to the keys in feb for my first dive in the ocean and im really looking forward to it..any advice would be greatly apreciated though..been away from the board a while but its good to be back and see that its hopping as usuall

Asked my diveshop today about the place we are going in March in Key Largo and it is called "Kelly's on the Bay". The web link for this place is:http://www.aqua-nuts.com.

Has anyone been to this resort? If so, how would you rate it?

Cheers, Taz

:shades:

In January -the 4th to the 13th.We will be going to Ginnie-Itchetucknee-TallahasseeAnd Crystal river.My girlfriend will be doing her O/W checkouts-i will be restarting my Nss-Cds training and we are going to take our daughter snorkelling with the Manatee.It is always a great time for diving/training and for anyone who hasn't experienced the manatee-i highly reccomend it! Safe Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom