Who's the Oldest Diver on the Board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 28 and I pray to God that I will still be diving when I am 73 years young.

Way to go 6gill!

......is the most senior,and maybe has the most experiance.

Jlyle and Bob have two generations diving.

Does anyone have three or more generations in their family diving, yet?

These have been very interesting and wonderful posts. I hope we can see some more.

Thank You,

SterlingDiver

We kind of have three generations of divers... my Great Uncle was co-founder of the first Dive Rescue team in the county.... my dad is the president of the team now, and then theres me... I just do the secretary work... so its kinda three generations, kinda not?? Happy Holidays!

Kayla

42 now. Started snorkeling at about five. First cert course in 1982, but never finished all the check-out dives (blown out by upstate New York Novermber...brrrrrr...). Fast-forward to 2000, when I finally got around to doing it again. That was the hook, line and sinker event -- and one that has had me kicking myself for not completing it sooner. Lots of lost time to make up!!!

Certified 1998. Aways have been a swimmer and snorkler and I love active sports. Due to advancing age and possible motor skill degradations (not to mention my brain), I enlisted in an ITC three years ago. My wife did too and now we have the awsome responsibility of teaching others to dive. We love teaching scuba and we have close to 300 dives each.

Fortunately my health is excellent and hopefully I will be diving and teaching well into this century. I am now 57 years old.

BTW, I have a 68 year old student and he is doing great!

Back
Top Bottom