Why are Mods anonymous and wont answer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

berndo

Banned
Reaction score
A post of mine was deleted even though it didn't break any rules. It was supposed to be argumentative and OT, which it wasn't. Yet in the same thread the victim was joked about (which is supposed to be against the rules) and there was plenty of actual OT stuff posted (which is also supposed to be against the rules) and it didn't get deleted.
Why is it that some posts that cleary break the rules and wont be deleted and others will be deleted without breaking rules? It seems very one sided and based upon who posts.
And why are Mods anonymous and not willing to give an actual reason for why something gets deleted? This is not the first time this happened in A&I.
If there is some issue, maybe it'd be a good idea to say what it is.

Read the Mod posts within the thread.

Further, you and others were told more than once, the purpose of A&I and that it doesn't matter if you personally don't like why it exists or the timing of discussions, etc.

There were a number of warnings within the thread. There was a repeat of the warning in a Mod Post just prior to the deleted posts to which you are complaining.

The mod deletion notice told you what the problem was.

If any others post similarly, they too will be deleted from here on out, as was explained to the members in general in specific mod posts.

Complaints about moderation within a thread other than in Site Support, will often be deleted, no matter what subforum because that is always Off Topic.

Ok, so I assume you're the one who's the mods. There was another thread were someone called the victim a 'stupid twit climate scientists'. I commented that the person who posted the insult should stop watching fox news.
You deleted my posts and banned me from that thread, yet the insult towards the victim was not deleted nor was the poster banned. How does this make any sense? I'm just asking why as it seem you're going by who posts rather than what is posted.
If you think my last post in the A&I forum was argumentative, I would like to know which part... it's a long post you deleted that was not against the rules or OT.

The moderators are not anonymous: https://scubaboard.com/community/members/?key=staff_members

We are located throughout the world and we are volunteers. We will lose patience with troublesome members.

We will also answer questions. We will not, however, get into a public debate about moderation, particularly with members who are argumentative.

If a post gets deleted in a thread and the member then reposts or argues about it then that member will be banned from the thread. If they continue to argue in that forum then they will be banned from that forum. Eventually, the member will receive temporary bans from Scubaboard up to permanent bans.

If a post gets deleted in a thread and the member then reposts or argues about it then that member will be banned from the thread.
All I did was asked why my long post was deleted. I didn't attack anyone nor did I break the rules!

I've asked why it was OK to call a victim a stupid twit, but my comment wasn't and why I got banned from that thread. Didn't get an answer than either.

post of mine was deleted even though it didn't break any rules.
They delete my posts as well.

All I did was asked why my long post was deleted.
If your post gets deleted, ask in Site Support, not in the thread.

If your post gets deleted, ask in Site Support, not in the thread.
I asked in the thread because I didn't now who to ask. And I still don't know as it's apparently not OK to asked here either. I don't know why the mod that deleds and thread bans can't just say what the issue is. The post wasn't breaking any rules and wasn't OT either. I have no idea why I git deleted and why I got thread banned. It's pretty frustruting to get a long post deleted for no reason other than the mod not liking it. It's not that that post was a snarky one-liner. All the snarky one liners should be deleted. Not long posts actually addressing what was said.

I asked in the thread because I didn't now who to ask. And I still don't know as it's apparently not OK to asked here either. I don't know why the mod that deleds and thread bans can't just say what the issue is. The post wasn't breaking any rules and wasn't OT either. I have no idea why I git deleted and why I got thread banned. It's pretty frustruting to get a long post deleted for no reason other than the mod not liking it. It's not that that post was a snarky one-liner. All the snarky one liners should be deleted. Not long posts actually addressing what was said.
We will lose patience with troublesome members.
Berndo, perhaps you would find the moderation less irksome on rec.scuba or Cave Divers Forum or Rebreatherworld.

Oh, wait. They collapsed because the moderation was basically non-existant.

We try to keep things friendly here even though we have those who insist on causing trouble over and over.

It's the same 5 people who use up 90% of our time complaining about moderation. Those 5 people rotate based on their ban status. You are one of the 5.

it's apparently not OK to asked here either.
You just asked and were answered. Why would you say this?
It's pretty frustruting to get a long post deleted for no reason other than the mod not liking it.
So stay ON TOPIC.

Here's the thing you may not realize. Once a mod posts in a thread, they no longer will moderate in that thread except under exceptional circumstances. IOW, they aren't trying to stop you from making a point. You tend to be an emotional poster and it shows. You also tend to make wild accusations about any poster that disagrees with you. No, I don't follow you around like a puppy dog, but that's the impression you give me. Attack the concepts and ideas you disagree with, not the people who have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom