Why are Mods anonymous and wont answer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love ScubaBoard. So many incredibly intelligent people. So many *ssholes. Its like if MENSA and MAGA had a joint rally.

I know. Go ahead and delete it but you know its funny.

Oh, wait. They collapsed because the moderation was basically non-existant.
Maybe because one is a local forum and owner of the other one is in jail?

You also tend to make wild accusations about any poster that disagrees with you.
Have you read the deleted post?

No, I don't follow you around like a puppy dog, but that's the impression you give me.
Never said I think you follow me around and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Never said I think you follow me around and I have no idea what you are talking about.
This is a perfect example of your fight mentality. I didn't quote you, nor did I suggest that you posted that I was following you around. But you're ready to fight me over that. The question to ask is why? It's very emotion driven in my view. Very in-your-face. Why do that? Why bring in all that emotional baggage? I mean, aren't you glad that I'm not following you around? That you're not even on my radar? No, you pick a fight over my comment instead. Ratchet down that internet brawl mentality a tad. Maybe even two tads.

No, I didn't read your deleted comment. Well, I don't think I have. Is it in the Madison Blue cave death thread? I don't think I've been in any other AI threads than that one. Well, at least recently.

@berndo -- if you were less belligerent and stopped to consider the other side of the discussion, you may not have had your posts removed.

Seldom are things black and white (except in US politics :) ) and attacking the man, not the ball, is not a good way to attempt to win an argument. It annoys people and turns them off to your points.

You've literally been on here for two months and created no end of friction with your attitude. You've not revealed much about your experience nor diving which means others cannot judge the quality of your answers. Even when you do make valid points they're tarnished by the belligerence shown to others.

We are a passionate group. We might be the most passionate group on the internet. Passion is great, but don't get too caught up in it. Dive and let dive. Post and let post. You might disagree with my opinion, but don't get mad at me for it. Just tell me your opinion and why you think it's the better one. Then leave it unless you have something new to add. Let's treat each other as friends, colleagues, and not mortal enemies.

Maybe because one is a local forum and owner of the other one is in jail?
Rec.scuba is not local. It’s unmoderated. The others were a great place to troll because you were likely to get Mike Pizzio and Dave Sutton screaming at earth other and threatening to meet in a bar parking lot.

RBW could have survived the incarceration of the owner because their staff was awesome. But based on declining participation it all went away.

We are a passionate group. We might be the most passionate group on the internet. Passion is great, but don't get too caught up in it. Dive and let dive. Post and let post. You might disagree with my opinion, but don't get mad at me for it. Just tell me your opinion and why you think it's the better one. Then leave it unless you have something new to add. Let's treat each other as friends, colleagues, and not mortal enemies.
One of the great aspects of ScubaBoard is the fairly light touch moderation to keep the forum on the straight and narrow. We all get passionate about our pastime and sometimes this overflows.

I am very impressed with the moderation here which keeps the forum culture as a friendly environment for everyone. Other diving forums have different cultures. I used to run/own/subsidise a diving forum and know how hard this can be; finally shut it down as it was on the long tail to oblivion.

OT maybe; but well done to the moderation team for all your efforts.

No, I didn't read your deleted comment.
I was talking about this last specific post. It's kind of pointless to talk about it when you haven't seen it. It was deleted straight way. So unless this was only hidden and not deleted you haven't seen it.
I have had other posts deleted and did not complain about it. I was asking why this last one was deleted since I don't know why. Now apparently other mods use this opportunity to pile on instead of just telling me what the issue was.

Leave me alone wookie. I was just asking whoever the A&I mod is a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom