Why is Kinghorn 800ft from ice exit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Joe:
During the boating season...Can you manage to get out there for a night dive from shore. There wouldn't be anyone using the Boat Ramp late in the evening would there?

I enjoyed the dives out to her between Oct and Dec.

Oh and one more thing... Any Ice dives planned on the Wolfe Islander coming up?

Thanks and have a good one

PM me at work Joe either at our employer's provided email or my personal one tom@notherntechdiver.com

hey guys,

Just reading your posts, and thought it was a great Idea for a "cave refresher", since I haven't really been able to test my skills since I got certefied in Nov. Have been itchin to get some Ice diving in too.....question I have is, how noticable is the cross current in the river? Seems like it would want to pull you off the line a bit.

Dove the Kinghorn in the fall, and remember a bit of current....is it a factor?

Thanks

Wetvet

Diver Joe:
Thanks James for the info. Thought it would be a nice evening dive but I would not want to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Guess I'll just have to get a good number of spring and fall dives in on her.

Cheers and safe diving
Or meet up with some the Rockport locals that dive it all summer from our own private boats. Many night dives during the week.

Doing cave skills will reels under the ice is stupped another GUI mistake.

Back
Top Bottom