Why no titanium regulator for tec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true, it depends on the PP of the O2. Many divers have Ti regs that work just fine with PP O2 < 40%.

Right - I meant 50% or 100% O2. Generally when someone says O2 by itself (in the circles I dive in anyway) , in relation to diving - it's probably 50% or 100% - I would of said something different i.e. nitrox , heliox, air, trimix, etc - if it were something different like EAN48 or EAN70. O2 as in a specific mix of gases. Not O2 as in PP02. Hope that clears things up. Terminology between different regions of divers is annoying sometimes lol.

Personally - Ti is a hype and relatively useless as a regulator material - the weight savings is not enough to justify the cost - the fact you wouldn't want to use it with o2 rich mixes is another point against it. That's just another thing to remember which I would not want to have to do.

To each their own though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom