Why not No Viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
You know, the Swamp has been a little lackadaisical lately and the Basic Scuba forum has been seriously kickin' our butt with the "Why not DIR?" trainwreck so I thought we should spice it up a little. A wise man once said "Great Visibility is So Over Rated", or at least it was some guy that I ran into once.:eyebrow:

So for all of you that only dive warm, clear, blue water (we'll just call you wusses for the purposes of this thread :mooner:), why aren't you happy diving cold, minimal viz Texas mudholes to look at mudcats like the REAL divers do?

Surely we can hit 200+ responses and generate a few fistfights with a question like that!

Dang, I can not even 'make up' an answer for this question. :14: :popcorn:

Dang, I can not even 'make up' an answer for this question. :14: :popcorn:

COWARD!

I was raised not to make up stuff, non truths.

Lets just say that diving at Travis this past Friday in that 80f windex layer below 70-80ffw just made me feel so 'cheap'.

:D

Any old stroke can dive clear warm water.

"Stroke" is a DIR term. We're DINV. We need a unique derrogatory term. Possible more than one to deal with those that are just afraid of the dark, or afraid of the dark and cold, or afraid of the dark and cold and interested in seeing where they are going.

We also need some marketable initials. That's the one thing I learned in that other thread and I'm not sure "DINV" fills that role. Any ideas?

And we should get our very own no troll forum to cut down on the riff raff...er, wait, we're the riff raff. We just want to cut down on dissenting views from all those people that think you need to see where you're going.

De-fog? We don't need no stinkin' de-fog.

(We can't see where we're going anyway!)

As for an acronym...how about DIB?

"Diving It Blind"

I heard there were (wo)man-eating catfish down there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom