Why the big deal about doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
those agencies, that is...

ha ha! is that allowed?:D

excuse me, but we've formed our own certification standards and they start with 'come when you can, leave when you want', im sure you wont mind if i just take a little peek at your underground tunnels. After all, I have plenty of air...

LOL!!

Try Jackson Blue, it is a little off the beaten path for most cave divers, but no one asks questions about gear.

FYI- "Apprentice" isn't really a certification, it is a way to break Full Cave into a 2 part course, rather than doing it in a 5 day period. It expires 1 year from issue.

My advice would be to complete Full Cave (not necessarily immediately, in fact, I think you should do some Intro dives first), even if you do not expect to exceed the Intro limitations. Reason being- you will gain a great deal of expereince and knowledge that just isn't covered in the Intro course. One day you may encounter a situation that will draw on those extra skills.

Good Luck

chickdiver once bubbled...
Try Jackson Blue, it is a little off the beaten path for most cave divers, but no one asks questions about gear.

FYI- "Apprentice" isn't really a certification, it is a way to break Full Cave into a 2 part course, rather than doing it in a 5 day period. It expires 1 year from issue.

My advice would be to complete Full Cave (not necessarily immediately, in fact, I think you should do some Intro dives first), even if you do not expect to exceed the Intro limitations. Reason being- you will gain a great deal of expereince and knowledge that just isn't covered in the Intro course. One day you may encounter a situation that will draw on those extra skills.

Good Luck

Ah, I see. NSS has it broken down as if it is a course of its own, with its own limits. No one has bothered to give me that bit of info! Thanks much. Makes more sense why the NACD has only intro and full. Maybe I'll stick with that. Still, like you said, I do want to do intro dives first. I was thinking maybe even for a year or so, because I truly don't expect to exceed them, especially given the depth of most fl caves in relation to deco. dont even want to mess with that for a while, want to get some stripes on my drysuit first, and take thinks nice and leisurely like.

I will check out jackson blue. we've looked at it before, but have never gotten over there, we got stuck on catfish for a while, something about getting in all that muck was so much fun. perhaps jackson will be this weekend's dive destination. Thanks again!

We can dive wrecks with 12 tanks on and nobody even asks for an OW card!

ok, maybe it sucks up here too, but on the other side of the spectrum... :wink:

I forgot that you were in Atlanta. JB shold be a little closer to home for you as well. It has a big, beautiful cavern, and I think you will like it.

Good call on diving Intro for a year or so, I did it that way (oh so long ago :)). I can't stress enough how that expereince will benefit you, just be sure to stay within the limitations (can be difficult at times).

O-ring once bubbled...

So does that mean that this picture is of you O-ring????

redsearig.jpg

O-ring once bubbled...

well, i was going to say you suck, but seeing that you're a douglas adams fan and all, I just can't convince myself :eek:ut:

seriously, the only place it matters down here is at the major cave diving springs/sinks. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the accidents and the liability and all that garbage, but it seems like it mostly punishes the people who want to do things correctly. After all, I could go happily off into the caves right now with a single, K, and a ski rope... (please forgive my blasphemy)

those kinds of rules don't stop people from doing stupid things. nothing can, and that is what makes it so frustrating. Im crying out for being punished for something I didn't have anything to do with! :bonk:

chickdiver once bubbled...
I forgot that you were in Atlanta. JB shold be a little closer to home for you as well. It has a big, beautiful cavern, and I think you will like it.

I heard there were a couple of crazy "local" activists always hanging around there giving people bad advice and a hard time.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom