Why the SPG on the left lower hip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLTEKDIVER:
Ahhhhh, how fast we are to judge

Typical Thread comment, from a arm chair quarterback

Now I have poor gas management

I don't what is DIR's theory on it, but I can say, at 800 psi , it takes me no less then 300 psi to have a stop of 3 min, and follow the line up, and still come out with 500 psi

I carry a 19 Cf pony and never had to use it till today

I been hitting the line for years at 800 psi

I can even go foot by foor and psi by psi on my computer download , by the min to show that it's NOT poor gas managment, it's where I choose to hit the line, and when knowing my air consumption.

Do I do it all the time , NO, if the currents are stonger, I hit the line at times at 1200 PSI because of currnets and maxing my bottom time

I love comments like that, and your DIR?
It wasn't fast judgement. It was just a comment from DIR perspective. Correct gas management from DIR perspective would be rock bottom i.e. enough gas for you and your buddy (with increased consumption due to stress of OOG situation) to reach the surface or antoher available gas (e.g. to reach switch point). I'm no good with psi calculation (metric) so I'll let you or the others to do the math but you'll easily figure how much gas you need to reach surface from 300' sharing gas and performing minimum deco.

BTW If you are so sure in your consumption rate then there's no need to watch SPG all the time. :wink:

BTW2 pony tank isn't DIR. :D

Originally Posted by MonkSeal
That's called poor gas management and it's far away from DIR.

FLTEKDIVER:
Ahhhhh, how fast we are to judge

Typical Thread comment, from a arm chair quarterback

actually MonkSeal is right and you shouldn't call out names that fast.
when you ask a question about DIR in the DIR forum, you should not try to justify what you do different and why you do it.
it is just simply NOT DIR what you do.
if you take your DIR-F here in SFL, I guess it will be with Dean Marshall and he'll get you on the right track, don't you worry. :D

MonkSeal:
It wasn't fast judgement. It was just a comment from DIR perspective. Correct gas management from DIR perspective would be rock bottom i.e. enough gas for you and your buddy (with increased consumption due to stress of OOG situation) to reach the surface or antoher available gas (e.g. to reach switch point). I'm no good with psi calculation (metric) so I'll let you or the others to do the math but you'll easily figure how much gas you need to reach surface from 300' sharing gas and performing minimum deco.

BTW If you are so sure in your consumption rate then there's no need to watch SPG all the time. :wink:

BTW2 pony tank isn't DIR. :D

Your right, sorry for the blast.

And your also right about the pony not being DIR

Like I said , I been diving for years, cave, wrecks, rebreathers, etc, and it will be hard to re-teach myself and my thinking more on lines and fundamentals of DIR diving.

I just came back from cave diving all day at Ginnie Springs, here in FL.
What a pain in the but with all the collage kids there drinking everywhere!!

As far as planning what we called " bailout " when diving rebreathers, you have to know your consumption at any given planned depth, incase you have a complete loop failure, and have to bail out to OC.

For the past few years, I have been diving dependent of soley yourself, as far as the pony, I could use a H- or Y valve, but I'll wait till I take the DIR-F , and I'm sure they will answere alot of my questions.

BTW, I slide my D-ring up about 2 inches, so it is now off my BP about 4 inches , instead of butted up against it, and it worked alot better.

When I took my extended range, and deco class, the instructor had suggested sliding it back for entanglement reason's.

On-Float, thanks for the clarifaction, it's appreciated !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom