Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your avatar and what or whom does it represent?

Mine is a SwissAir pilot named Yves Rossi, he flew that wing across the English Channel, and over the Swiss Alps. I use that pic because I'm an inventor and a hillbilly (hey ya'll, watch this). And it pretty much sums up my basic goals in life. That is, to do something like that, goofy, cool, and pioneering.

Mine is one of my best diving memories as I flouted the rules and (accidentally) dove when they had closed the ocean. How great is that?

I just look like Steve Martin (it even got me free beer once).

Bob

I drew mine one day when my daughter, then about 4 or so, was bugging me to download a colouring picture of a diver. I couldn't find one she liked so I said, "why don't I just draw you one". Then I scanned it into the computer so I could print off multiple copies.

On a whim I tried to open it in some OCR software I had at the time, which, was linked to the scanning software. The OCR software put the boxes and colours on it. I thought it looked cool and decided to use it as my avatar.

R..

The first good picture I ever took underwater, plus she is cool looking....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom